Has anyone thought of this yet?

Started by ChaosChronicler, November 24, 2016, 07:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosChronicler

So I couldn't find any on this but has anyone made a mod so that you can assign tables,furniture,joy items to individual or small group of colonist?

The reason being is that I set up individual "houses" for them with a bed, table, chairs, and random items. Sadly anyone could use them. This means if one of my colonist was asleep they would be disturbed by another coming in and eating at their table or use the tv. This does not sit well with me. Right know I created a common house but would like to create honest to god homes in the hellscape (we can say this right?) of a planet.

If not then I know the first thing I'm doing once I learn C#

mabor0shi

Quote from: ChaosChronicler on November 24, 2016, 07:42:51 PM
So I couldn't find any on this but has anyone made a mod so that you can assign tables,furniture,joy items to individual or small group of colonist?
I think I've looked at every mod for A14 & A15 and have definitely not seen this. I've heard talk about mods to assign a room to a pawn or to forbid all but 1 pawn from entering a room. This can be achieved with zones, but it's a pain in the ass bunch of micromanagement. I have only been around the forums a few months, but never heard of forbidding some items to some people or only allowing one pawn to use certain furniture. Very interesting.
Quote from: ChaosChronicler on November 24, 2016, 07:42:51 PM...hellscape (we can say this right?)
Hell yeah!
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

faltonico

Quote from: ChaosChronicler on November 24, 2016, 07:42:51 PM

The reason being is that I set up individual "houses" for them with a bed, table, chairs, and random items. Sadly anyone could use them. This means if one of my colonist was asleep they would be disturbed by another coming in and eating at their table or use the tv. This does not sit well with me. Right know I created a common house but would like to create honest to god homes in the hellscape (we can say this right?) of a planet.

If not then I know the first thing I'm doing once I learn C#

There is a mod that forbid pawns from entering someone else's room, https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16098.0 it needs CCL so there is no A15 version for it yet.
That might be the feature you want.

ChaosChronicler

Hm... Never thought of assigning individual rooms. I was thinking of just the furniture itself like you would with beds. Course that's the micro-manager in me talking  :-\

TwistedMinds

The only way I found to simulate this is to assign a different area for every pawn, excluding every other's house/bedroom. Create a new area for each pawn, including only everyone elses bedroom, click invert selection. Assign the guy to this area.
It becomes a pain when you change restrictions often though, but does the job 90% of the time and is great to see in action.

Hydromancerx

What about personal doors instead? That way people could not enter their house. And only the people you assign to be able to use the door could use the house.

Thyme

Cleaners still need to enter all the rooms, but yes, I want this!

Sent from my HTC
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

ChaosChronicler

Quote from: Thyme on November 29, 2016, 11:20:00 AM
Cleaners still need to enter all the rooms, but yes, I want this!

Sent from my HTC
Yeah, forgot about that little detail. Been using Miscellaneous Robots too much  :P