Negative moodlet for chopping up/cooking bonded animals

Started by Goldenpotatoes, November 25, 2016, 10:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldenpotatoes

Your colony's beloved pet dog/cat/monkey, whose bonded with your trainer, has suffered the terrible fate of death by gun/fire/rogue squirrels. Obviously, the bonded master of said animal is devastated by their loss, crying over the loss of their beloved animal.

Your cook proceeds to hastily pick up the corpse, butcher it, cook it, and then the master eats it with no remorse what-so ever.

I don't know about you, but I'd be pretty damn devastated if I found out my favorite pet died, let alone that they were tonight's mystery meat.

Keep the 'bonded animal died' debuff, add a 'desecrated bonded animal corpse' mood with a heavy negative social thought for the master against whoever did the butchering. Counter this by giving the bonded master a small positive mood buff when giving the animal a proper burial.

Why, you ask? Because the possibility of a beloved pet owner finally snapping and going berserk with the reasoning being 'ate bonded animal' is funny to me.

mumblemumble

you think thats bad? I've seen a husky gnaw off its dead masters head only minutes after death.

But seriously, anyone with any sense knows not to let stuff go to waste, and I would eat it if it meant not going hungry...also, some are adjusted to such ideas, and wouldn't hold it against the cook..

....really, this just makes me crave distinct personalities even more.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.