Rimworld has been greenlit!

Started by Yarkista, October 16, 2013, 02:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Semmy

* Semmy opens steam and gets ready to add the game.

Congratulations tynan
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Haplo

Hypolite

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

SteveAdamo

wow, that didnt take long... congratulations indeed!

GC13

Well, we all knew it was a matter of time. Guess it was less time rather than more. 8)

Conti027

How long until we see Rimworld on Steam? Jan.2014 when Alpha comes out?

British

And how long until we see RW on non-hegemonic-wannabe distribution platforms ?

Christian

Are there going to be any Steam-exclusive features? I prefer to play DRM-free versions of games and save Steam keys for trading
Also will be RimWorld be on Humble as well? I find that's the easiest way to keep track of and update DRM-free games

Tynan

I have no idea if/what other platforms the game may be on. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Spike

Congratulations!  Ever figure out what that #5 game was? :P

maynard

Quote from: Tynan on October 16, 2013, 06:36:17 PM
I have no idea if/what other platforms the game may be on. Sorry I can't be more specific.

I understand that at this time your not sure about other distributors, and the game isn't probably ready for release everywhere, but you can submit it to gog.com through their indie submission page (http://www.gog.com/indie). In any case, I hope things go well as you try to finish it up and that it's avaialbe DRM-free somewhere upon release.

Tynan

It'll always be available DRM free direct from rimworldgame.com (where Ludeon keeps all the profits, and I prefer people go).

British

It's obviously up to you, but, just so it's clear... The ogre has been fed, so you don't want to be distributed on the true DRM-free distributors, which do happen to have exposure as well ?