[Outdated - See OP for updated version link] LewisDTC's Weapon Expansions

Started by LewisDTC, November 26, 2016, 07:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would you like to see expanded further?

More Neolithic, Medieval and early game weapons!
5 (9.4%)
More Industrial and Spacer weapons!
4 (7.5%)
Glitterworld weapons should be a thing, shouldn't they?
6 (11.3%)
More Grenades, Rocket Launchers and other special weapons would be nice.
0 (0%)
Lets get some more armor to counter all these weapons.
25 (47.2%)
Turrets, traps and automated weapons could use some love.
12 (22.6%)
Do something that isn't to do with weapons. Give us more walls, floors and furniture.
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: January 12, 2017, 08:35:50 PM

Breedon

Had a problem with smelting old weapons (Plaststeel Longsword) in my Electric Smelter in my modded game. Started a new world with only the DTC Firearm and melee mods installed and still could not smelt took the mods out and smelting was fine. Not sure why your mod disables melee weapon smelting. Maybe a bug or am I over looking something.

LewisDTC

Hmm.. I think I might know what's happened so I'll check it's working for the next update. Long story short - I don't think I've ever actually smelted a weapon in Rimworld so it's just not something I thought to test. :)

Love

Ew, that's a nasty bug. Can you tell me what the problem is so I can fix it on my end?

Breedon

I never smelted anything either until I learned smelting the 20x Small material weapons (ex- gold etc) gives you tons of said material. Also amazing for Glittertech AlphaPoly and BetaPoly weapons.

Love the Mod other than that lol. Keep it up.

LewisDTC

Sorry for being quiet for so long folks - I've come down pretty sick and not had chance to do any work on the mod.

Long story short with the smelting thing: I based all of my weapons off a single one (cant remember which but I copied and pasted it to save time) and suspect it might have not had any smelting info: so naturally none of mine do either. I'm planning to do a last round of bug fixes today and then get the new upload up.

props

Do you have any intention of making this mod compatible with the Combat Realism mod?

Edit: I'm dumb. Thanks for all your hard work.

szypkiyakwonsz

Hey Adalah217, did You did the CR patch for bows as well? Not present in v.03, previous links are dead as doornails.

Adalah217

Quote from: szypkiyakwonsz on January 17, 2017, 08:37:34 AM
Hey Adalah217, did You did the CR patch for bows as well? Not present in v.03, previous links are dead as doornails.

Combat Realism already has bows in it. Ah wait I forgot about Composite and Compound bows. I've been playing with the medieval mod (which I uploaded a patch for as well over on that thread).

Sure I'll get to it later. It's as easy as adding a few lines in the XML, just can't get to it right now.

Edit: Newest release: v0.4 Combat Realism Patch
Added the composite and compound bows.
They both use the great bow arrows as ammunition. I increased the range slightly, and they both have aim and bulk/mass which fits their descriptions.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/szb89j77w98n9qj/DTC%20CR%20compat%20v0.4.zip?dl=0

Install is the same as before. The only thing added was under ThingDefs_Misc, the filename Weapons_DTC_Bows. Remove this file if you don't want bows :)

szypkiyakwonsz

AWWW YISSS thank You!

Can't wait for Lewis' update tho.

Rellicus

I can't seem to get my crafters to make the power weapons. It ways says (need materials), even though I have plenty of steel, plasteel, gold, and components. If there is something else required, it isn't saying so.

I did a little poking, and I removed the Gold requirement in the xml file, and it worked fine, so not sure if its because it requires 4 ingredients, or it doesn't like how you put them in order, no idea really.

ArthoriusBalen

Hi Adalah217!
Do you have plans to update the CR patch? the gauss weapons in the current version are a bit broken/op, like all the gauss weapons using the medium magnetic ammo, and the gauss pistol just obliterating everything in its path!
I dont know where to post this, so i post it right here since its about the CR patch!
But anyway thank you very much for taking your time to do this patch!
I hope to hear from you soon!  ;D

Adalah217

Quote from: ArthoriusBalen on February 08, 2017, 03:29:20 PM
Hi Adalah217!
Do you have plans to update the CR patch? the gauss weapons in the current version are a bit broken/op, like all the gauss weapons using the medium magnetic ammo, and the gauss pistol just obliterating everything in its path!
I dont know where to post this, so i post it right here since its about the CR patch!
But anyway thank you very much for taking your time to do this patch!
I hope to hear from you soon!  ;D

Ah! That's the balance issue I was referring to. There's really no good solution to this. I mean, every gun in CR is very powerful already, so a higher tier above ballistics is going to be OP.

I don't plan on updating anytime soon, but if you want a fix sooner rather than later, you could change the damage done in XML. If you don't know how, I can provide a readme.

ArthoriusBalen

Hey Adalah217! Thanks for the quick response!
Just wanted to let you know that i found the op bug that I was referring to the gauss pistol
The ammo for the pistol was set to: <ammoSet>AmmoSet_Magnetic_Cannon</ammoSet>
So i changet it to: <ammoSet>AmmoSet_Magnetic_Light</ammoSet>
So the gauss pistol was indeed shooting an op bullet damage haha ;D

Adalah217

Quote from: ArthoriusBalen on February 08, 2017, 07:17:56 PM
Hey Adalah217! Thanks for the quick response!
Just wanted to let you know that i found the op bug that I was referring to the gauss pistol
The ammo for the pistol was set to: <ammoSet>AmmoSet_Magnetic_Cannon</ammoSet>
So i changet it to: <ammoSet>AmmoSet_Magnetic_Light</ammoSet>
So the gauss pistol was indeed shooting an op bullet damage haha ;D

Oh snap! Thanks!