[Outdated - See OP for updated version link] LewisDTC's Weapon Expansions

Started by LewisDTC, November 26, 2016, 07:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would you like to see expanded further?

More Neolithic, Medieval and early game weapons!
5 (9.4%)
More Industrial and Spacer weapons!
4 (7.5%)
Glitterworld weapons should be a thing, shouldn't they?
6 (11.3%)
More Grenades, Rocket Launchers and other special weapons would be nice.
0 (0%)
Lets get some more armor to counter all these weapons.
25 (47.2%)
Turrets, traps and automated weapons could use some love.
12 (22.6%)
Do something that isn't to do with weapons. Give us more walls, floors and furniture.
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: January 12, 2017, 08:35:50 PM

Cosmino

The flamethrower doesn't seem to appear for me, i tried having only this mod active to get rid of conflicts but it still doesn't appear. Every other weapons do.

szypkiyakwonsz

Any idea whether this mod became abandoned or not?

PhileasFogg

Good day, ladies and gentlemen.

It seems that LewisDTC hasn't been arround for quite some time. So I updated his mod for Alpha 17. To be honest: I increased targetVersion.
And fixed some minor bugs, put prerequesites into some research projects and rebalanced the research costs (most often: increased the costs).

DTC Weapon Expansion - Firearms 2.2
DTC Weapon Expansion - Melee 2.1
DTC Weapon Expansion - Misc 2.1

Sincerely

Phileas

Dragoon

Quote from: PhileasFogg on June 04, 2017, 06:49:04 AM

It seems that LewisDTC hasn't been arround for quite some time. So I updated his mod for Alph 17. To be honest: I increased targetVersion.
And fixed some minor bugs, put prerequesites into some research projects and rebalanced the research costs (most often: increased the costs).

Sincerely

Phileas

Can you make a version without no changes made to vanilla stats?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

PhileasFogg

Good evening, Dragoon.

Could you be so kind and specify, which vanilla stats get changed?
This would help me a lot in finding and deleting them.
Thank you very much.

Sincerely

Phileas

Dragoon

Quote from: PhileasFogg on June 04, 2017, 01:38:55 PM
Good evening, Dragoon.

Could you be so kind and specify, which vanilla stats get changed?
This would help me a lot in finding and deleting them.
Thank you very much.

Sincerely

Phileas
I'll do my best.

The survival rifle is what caught my eye, I think it's primarily ballistics.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

BluealienWilson

This mod is awesome! Love the work on the Weapons and this gives me the boost in challenge with raids I have been wanting for awhile! :)
God help us all.

Hydromancerx

Quote from: PhileasFogg on June 04, 2017, 06:49:04 AM

It seems that LewisDTC hasn't been arround for quite some time. So I updated his mod for Alpha 17. To be honest: I increased targetVersion.

Sincerely

Phileas

Can you update for B18?

LewisDTC

I've actually just returned to Rimworld and started looking into updating my old mods. Unfortunately, I took a look at some of the changes made to how weapons function in B18 and... well, at first glance I was pretty stunned. (Melee weapons don't have damage values any more? What the...?)

On a side note, sorry about the unexpected hiatus to anyone who was waiting for me. I see that some kind folks have taken it upon themselves to keep things ticking over in my absence: It's kind of humbling that people enjoyed the mod enough to go to those lengths, so thank you. Long story short, I ended up with a job while also at college and managing two dnd groups... in addition to just being terrible at time management. I kinda just stopped playing Rimworld for a while and with it, modding.

I do hope to get this thing updated, complete with new weapons and stuff (I've actually already done a ton of the art, including upscaling and editing my old stuff) but it's likely going to take a while while I figure out how weapons work now. Truth be told, I was making things up as I went along while updating to A17 so I need to figure out things like mass and weight properly now as well.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

props

Your weapon mod is the best weapon mod in the game with combat extended's ammo system coming in at a close second. THANK YOU FOR RETURNING.

LewisDTC

Heh, I'm glad your enjoying it!

Just realized I never posted a link here so here goes - this mod has been superseded by a new rebuild, which can be located HERE.