[Mac, Steam] Game crashes upon starting in fullscreen w/ native resolution

Started by Cancun101, November 25, 2016, 02:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cancun101

Rimworld freezes upon launch when I have set the in-game settings to fullscreen and 1680x1050 resolution (my native set resolution) when the game was last open. If force-quit and opened again, the game will launch into fullscreen, but the resolution will have changed itself to 1680x983 (scaled). (Possibly the size of a window maximized to fill the screen but not cover the dock.) This causes some minor graphical stretching due to the vertical scaling. I can change the resolution when the game is already launched, but it will then always crash once upon restarting.

I am currently using a modded build, but the same crash + bug happens regardless of mods being installed.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

nccvoyager

If I am reading the log correctly, it appears that there are missing dynamic library files causing errors.

This is likely due to a corrupted installation from some of the weird things Steam sometimes does.

I would suggest, as a starting point, deleting the RimWorld local content through Steam, then shutting down the computer and starting it back up, (not just restarting it, actually shut it down,) and then installing RimWorld again.
After installing RimWorld again, I would suggest shutting down and starting up the system again, before starting RimWorld.

If the issue is not fixed after that, please upload a copy of the Player.log file.
(The log will have been replaced or appended when RimWorld is started after the re-installation.)