Will these maddenend boomrats leave?

Started by noel1, November 27, 2016, 08:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noel1

I've got three mad boomrats banging at my doors, 50% of my colonists have the plague, and only one of my remaining colonists can shoot.

Will the boomrats leave at some point?

SpookCrow

Yes, they will always leave eventually but they leave one by one or you can wait for traders to come by and watch them either kill them or get killed by them.
"Fear is the enemy within you that can lead to your demise." -Spook

KiriLucas

Wise advice: Don't shoot them too close or near something that you can't afford to lose, learned that the scary way (by scary I mean I was playing on max volume and with headphones on after midnight, when I saw them I wondered why "BOOMrat" only to find out they do earned their name, at least the "boom" part of it).

Bozobub

Try the same on a boomalope next time =) .
Thanks, belgord!

psionicmushroom

I honestly consider the prospect of being trapped indoors by a horde of enraged boomalopes to be much more life-threatening than most mechanoid raids.

Shurp

Not exactly lifethreatening... just depressing.  All my farms are inside anyway.  I only go outside when I want to kill something.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.