[Mod Idea] A 2 hour window to harvest organs from a dead body

Started by AnActualDuck, November 29, 2016, 03:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnActualDuck

Just make the status of the corpse for the new time frame "Still Warm" which lasts for 2 hours after death before becoming "Fresh." I understand this may cause balance issues but I'd rather be able to harvest organs from the recently deceased and have those organs have a decay to them than have organs last forever but only be harvest-able from the living.

I sure do wish I was a capable modder. Or at the very least not too lazy to learn.

mugenzebra

brainstorm: and from a frozen dead body. I think it's reasonable, and it will not cause mood debuffs.

AnActualDuck

It's reasonable but I personally wouldn't want it. My reasoning is "realism." I put it in quotes because realism is always stretched and bent in video games but still... Frozen organs are considered damaged and not usable in real medicine.

Of course, this means with my proposed idea that organs would suffer decay faster when in frozen conditions and would be the first item to receive negative effects from freezing in the game. But that's just my preference.