[ASK] Always barefooted?

Started by deliveryservice, November 30, 2016, 02:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deliveryservice

Is there any mods that adds wears that cover colonist's hands and feet? or is it possible doing so separately from body attire or legs?

I mean, like almost all time my colonists are barefooted, it's really funny how often they've got toes and fingers bitten-off against even small animal.

skullywag

Apparello does some of this, might be worth looking at that, there are some restrictions on how apparel can be worn based on what parts it covers clashing with other clothing etc.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Illusion Distort

As for the modding aspect I remember Tynan saying that he would probably not change the way clothing works in the near future, so for now it will be a trick thing to mod and use. Maby he will get back to it in the future?

deliveryservice

Quote from: skullywag on November 30, 2016, 06:59:41 AM
Apparello does some of this, might be worth looking at that, there are some restrictions on how apparel can be worn based on what parts it covers clashing with other clothing etc.

Thank you for thy suggestion, I think I'll have it try
(Although to be frank it was very popular already, it was just me avoiding a greater change in-game I suppose, but certainly not tonight).

Quote from: Illusion Distort on November 30, 2016, 07:25:44 AM
As for the modding aspect I remember Tynan saying that he would probably not change the way clothing works in the near future, so for now it will be a trick thing to mod and use. Maby he will get back to it in the future?

I'll brace myself as I can't wait it to be implemented officially. It will be nice although I hope it wouldn't make the game heavy. But last update was surprisingly lighter (Memory or Harddisk wise) so I was glad Tynan seems to aware of this.

(Being a Dwarf Fortress player, it was excruciating to know that a game could be painfully memory intensive, as well using hardisk capacity quite inefficiently, in this case for save game. I think it is in these cases, what Rimworld is paramount about.)