Add Boss Battle?

Started by mraadx, November 29, 2016, 10:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mraadx

After a while in the late game, when things are getting pretty easy for you even at the maximum difficulty. Raids become a joke in front of your spammy mortars. It is time for the greatest challenge! BOSS BATTLE!

I'm thinking maybe add boss enemy pawn that at least 100x hit points. It could also be an enormous looking enemies. Maybe Cyborg Pirate king (with the names of famous pirates like jelly rogers or blacbeard etc), Mutated Demigod for the tibal faction, and A mobile fortress for the mechanoid. They will have different attack set in some percentage of hp loss. And drop some good loot. Also the raid will have epic soundtrack too.

If this will ruin the vanilla mechanics, then please someone make a mod for it. (I'm a graphic designer, maybe I can help with the visual asset)
Is this a good idea?
Graphic Designer. Will draw for $.

daduhweewah

I don't want to see a boss battle, but I would like the late game raids to get tougher for a longer period. Maybe a slower increase to max strength, but to continue on getting stronger as it goes on. All the game does is make all attacks tunnel or sapper past defenses, and that's it. So I agree with the sentiment that it gets easy to deal with them (to an extent - it does take some pretty good planning to build a non mountain base- though oddly enough when you do get the tunneling attackers, on my non mountain base I am currently playing on max difficulty- they literally attack the same spot of my base 100% of the time, so I have just built another wall around it and put some turrets inside that wall and they never make it to my original wall)

So I def think the game needs some work on making the late game opponents tougher/smarter/better but I am not into the "boss" fight unless it is just a hoard of the normal raiders. Keeps the feel a bit more real to me. Boss fights feel like a single player thing (love Don't Starve- love those bosses) but I am sure there are many who feel opposite of me, def would be a popular mod I would imagine.

tonsrd

What mods are you useing ?
boss battle yes id like to get rid of raids that are 200+ pawns. id rather have less pawns with stronger armour....

Mod "Pandora dark" adds 2 story tellers both harder than Cassandra

Story Teller - Pandora dark "bigger raids"
-  ST  - Pryhea ( normal raids more often ) sometimes 2-5 at once

Glitter tech adds a new faction called commandos ( power armour raiders + GT weapons )

mraadx

Quote from: daduhweewah on November 30, 2016, 07:32:54 AM
So I def think the game needs some work on making the late game opponents tougher/smarter/better but I am not into the "boss" fight unless it is just a hoard of the normal raiders. Keeps the feel a bit more real to me. Boss fights feel like a single player thing (love Don't Starve- love those bosses) but I am sure there are many who feel opposite of me, def would be a popular mod I would imagine.
Oh yeah. love the don't starve bosses too! Increasing the difficulty may be take a while. Programming ai is difficult I think. It's an easier way to just add A special pawn with Buffed up 100x hit points. I wish I could code. The only thing I can do is change someone else XML file hha.
Quote from: tonsrd on November 30, 2016, 08:34:59 AM
What mods are you useing ?
boss battle yes id like to get rid of raids that are 200+ pawns. id rather have less pawns with stronger armour....

Mod "Pandora dark" adds 2 story tellers both harder than Cassandra

Story Teller - Pandora dark "bigger raids"
-  ST  - Pryhea ( normal raids more often ) sometimes 2-5 at once

Glitter tech adds a new faction called commandos ( power armour raiders + GT weapons )

Yeah well, I actually installed a lot of mod over 70 mods in total lol.
I'm using Lovecraft double population mod. also glitter tech. The commandos are really strong but they still come in numbers and leave a lot of mess. an expensive mess thank fully.

Maybe, If the raid comes in a form of encirclement, that would be amazing. Or a combination of normal edge map entrance as a bait and then the rest are droppods above your base! That would definitely bring up some stories.

mumblemumble

How about this...a mechanoid fighter pod lands, and starts a mortar assault on your base.  It has a 5 x 5 size, and cannot fit in small gaps, but can crush things by running them over (just astronomical melee damage, with farther reach).

Its similar the the FTL boss fight, having both fire and explosive mortars, a shock lance, and heavy charge blaster. After enough damage, engines break down, the ship stops moving, deploys 4 turrets on all corners, and keeps firing...after more damage, the mechanoids bail out and try to fight, while the ship keeps firing at you... Would be a DEVASTATING fight, with the mortars, lasers, and stuff, but could hold incredibly rare items inside the ship, similar to XCOM UFOS.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Grishnerf

PREDATOR !

like wild animal indcident but with NO warning message.
IT is Ultra fast and does ALWAYS/ONLY 3 HITS on his main target (will down most of the pawns anyways after 3 hits)
after that it instantly disappears (leave map) into thin air to randomly strike again few hours later. (can even appear inside bases under roofs etc)
you would have to spot it before it can deal 3 hits and kill it.
otherwise it is an endless cycle with always 1 downed/injured/dead pawn.

Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

Swat_Raptor

what would the benefit of defeating said Boss be?

man hunter packs, you have a chance of getting rare animals on you map, and tons of meat and leather

Psychic / Posion ships ; robot parts and the chance of getting a AI part

what if the benifit was a free trophy perhaps, you can use head of said boss as a free Grand Sculpture of Superior or better quality

mraadx

Quote from: mumblemumble on November 30, 2016, 10:21:46 PM
How about this...a mechanoid fighter pod lands, and starts a mortar assault on your base.  It has a 5 x 5 size, and cannot fit in small gaps, but can crush things by running them over (just astronomical melee damage, with farther reach).

Its similar the the FTL boss fight, having both fire and explosive mortars, a shock lance, and heavy charge blaster. After enough damage, engines break down, the ship stops moving, deploys 4 turrets on all corners, and keeps firing...after more damage, the mechanoids bail out and try to fight, while the ship keeps firing at you... Would be a DEVASTATING fight, with the mortars, lasers, and stuff, but could hold incredibly rare items inside the ship, similar to XCOM UFOS.

Yeah~ that would be great! And maybe droppod siege! since siege takes some time to prepare by the raider, they become a joke after you manage to hoard some mortars with you. if they can deploy immediately then they will pose a serious threat.

Quote from: Swat_Raptor on December 01, 2016, 08:56:33 AM
what would the benefit of defeating said Boss be?

man hunter packs, you have a chance of getting rare animals on you map, and tons of meat and leather

Psychic / Posion ships ; robot parts and the chance of getting a AI part

what if the benifit was a free trophy perhaps, you can use head of said boss as a free Grand Sculpture of Superior or better quality
If it's a humanoid, perhaps a bionic parts. a mechanical will be plasteel, component, ai core, steel, and maybe some gold. I'm thinking something that doesn't add new items.

mraadx

Quote from: Grishnerf on December 01, 2016, 02:29:08 AM
PREDATOR !

like wild animal indcident but with NO warning message.
IT is Ultra fast and does ALWAYS/ONLY 3 HITS on his main target (will down most of the pawns anyways after 3 hits)
after that it instantly disappears (leave map) into thin air to randomly strike again few hours later. (can even appear inside bases under roofs etc)
you would have to spot it before it can deal 3 hits and kill it.
otherwise it is an endless cycle with always 1 downed/injured/dead pawn.
actually one of the monster in cthulhu mod, star vampire have this behavior. but not as complex as that.

RevBrock

buttflexspireling

I don't think Tynan has any plans to introduce
end game preparatory centripetal g-force training
pods for clones to enter (if that's what you're asking)!
He also didn't seem to indicate any desire to have
robots plant, water and harvest crops, such as drugs,
to administer to clones (providing bone marrow
transplant material) raised in such conditions.