Dooms Day/ Reset Events

Started by Swat_Raptor, November 30, 2016, 12:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swat_Raptor

After a Colony has gone on for Years and the walls are silver Gold and Jade what are you suppose to do?

Why do we have to send our colonist in a ship never to see again?

yea you could build the space ship but whats the point if your place is going good?  Jump in a ship only for a chance of some landing on some Glitter world but have to leave the place where you put your blood sweet and tears into, the place where you fought for alongside friends to protect. Not sure if that is a option people would choose unless some certain apocalyptic event was looming on the horizon.

Global Flood, tiles around the map quickly turn to water and then deep water, Drowning anyone who hasn't evacuated.

Godzilla/ Huge Destruction Robot, a hostile entity who will level everything on the map when it gets there.

there's a lot of disasters which could happen which would make anyone living there say, Yea lets evacuate.

Ok why add in such events, well 1 it fits the theme of Rimworld and 2 it gives extra incentive to build the space ship.

But also why do we have to leave our colonist here, why not start a new colony, New map, Perhaps the same world, but start with some of the same colonist? the colonist wake up AGAIN from cyrptosleep and have to run to the escape pods.

Also why not have other escape options other than the space ship?
simple evacuation to a new site (a more tribal approach) or build a Fallout bunker filled with Crypto Sleep Caskets,

but the idea is that the colony ends but how you prepare influences the starting conditions of the new scenario, a sort of New Game+

I don't know if anything like this was already proposed but here it is.

daduhweewah

When I did my first and only ship launch I assumed I was moving to a new location with those colonists. I gathered the colonists that I wanted, launched, and game was over..... I was kinda bummed..

Def should be taking you to a new location, and you should have cryopods that contain resources/materials to take with you and there should be a max number of pods you can shoot with one ship (maybe 20- pending how many resources each hold)

Also the new location should be completely random in biome temp terrain type etc.

kermanguy

We already have something that encourages the player to escape. There is an option when creating a scenario to include a "Planetkiller" incoming thing.

Swat_Raptor

Quote from: kermanguy on December 02, 2016, 08:36:26 PM
We already have something that encourages the player to escape. There is an option when creating a scenario to include a "Planetkiller" incoming thing.

I'm aware of the blanket Planet Killer timer, and I really don't like the feature plus that's Only half of what I'm suggesting.