[mod request] Fog of War

Started by Seinne, December 02, 2016, 10:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seinne

Was wondering if any of you modding Gods could tell me is its feasible, or create is you so desire, a mod that adds FOW 'fog of war'.

I've always thought that yes, you probably have an accurate map of your surroundings due to spaceship technology and what not, but after the crash or playing as a tribe, how is it possible you know what's walking around on the far side of the map, on the other side of that mountain range?

I'd love to have a FOW option where your pawns have varying LOS depending on wearable or surgical tech, and the ability to create deployable sensors like either the ones on planet Hoth(maybe like from the misc robots mod) or portable ones like the mineral sensor from the mining mod(I forget the name right now).

Anyways, I think it'd make the game a bit harder but more realistic.

What do you think?

paragonid

I think it is must have, will make the game much deeper and tactical.
There're a lot of implementation details though, which will be really hard to make without engine support
Should be in vanilla, I really doubt moders will handle

(I'm not a modder)

Facepunch

Itd give a use for the ears(360° short range 'LOS') and the nose (360° 'LOS' range dependant on nose condition and smell of an object)

deliveryservice

LOS lib addition is necessary it is feasible but well it's a relatively heavy labor. Not only coding but it may for the CPU as well. I think. I certainly not accustomed yet about assembly lib.