Latest update ffor A16!!!!!!!

Started by wafflep90, December 01, 2016, 10:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wafflep90

OMG looks like we have some sort of fast travel between colonies maybe?!!?!?!?!?! what do you guys think

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

RadaRadaRada

The announcement say that the colonists are going to load assigned items to pods. My guess is that this is some sort of good transport system.

Also, I am seeing some jerrycans in stockpile. So, fuel to fuel the pods? This could have some implications, like, could it be used for fueled generator and are these goods brought, pumped and/or crafted from plants?

Profugo Barbatus

Definitely fuel. Probably some sorta bio diesel, unless he's gone full ham and introduced oil to the deep driller.

And those are drop pods so unless he's suddenly decided to change how they work, I don't see any reason colonists couldn't board them. Fast reaction Marine force, here I come. It would fit for his previously mentioned "Solution for crossing bodies of water" where he said it was an existing method.

Man, this is gonna be pretty great. I'm excited.

Rock5

The bottom left says "Entering transport pod" which suggests the pawn is entering the transport pod. Also 2 pawn on the top bar are grayed out suggesting they are gone. Possibly already used the transport pods?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Andy_Dandy

Quote from: Rock5 on December 01, 2016, 11:34:49 AM
The bottom left says "Entering transport pod" which suggests the pawn is entering the transport pod. Also 2 pawn on the top bar are grayed out suggesting they are gone. Possibly already used the transport pods?

Or they have been away on a mission for a while, or are building a small mining colony somewhere else.....

....And fuel! Extreme flammability. Nice! Good luck finding an Insurance Company willing to insure your great Fuel Storehouse built from wood.

Alenerel

Teasing us like that should be punished by the law...

BTW when will it be released? Cause I was going to start a new long game right today...

Fafn1r

They are grayed out because of that text message, same as in A15.

Grishnerf

Also 2 pawn on the top bar are grayed out suggesting they are gone. Possibly already used the transport pods?

if you get a message on the top left, there will always be some pawns greyed out to make it more readable.

but the screenshot indeed Looks like we can equip Crash pods with items and pawns.

Quote from: Alenerel on December 01, 2016, 12:07:53 PM

BTW when will it be released? Cause I was going to start a new long game right today...

it is in internal testing so my guess is about 2-3 weeks. just before xmas!
i also started my "last" colony on a15 few days ago.
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

MisterVertigo

Are those some kind of progress meters on the pods too? Maybe an indication of how much fuel they have?
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Bobylein

I don't want to stir the hype but I say A16 will be multi-player introduction, that's why the world on the first teaser as an universal symbol of the Internet.

Here you see the drop pods to siege other player colonies.

Seriously though, it's just a dream of mine.

carbon

xrumblingcdsx

Well now we know where all those drop pod events come from.

deslona

Quote from: xrumblingcdsx on December 01, 2016, 10:43:34 PM
Well now we know where all those drop pod events come from.

Oh if only we could gear up 20 guys with power armor with bears and squirrels [all hail the squirrel], and send them back to the pirate stronghold to return the favor :(

Mekhet

Drop Pods read to me like Rimworld will finally be dedicated to the imperium of man! FOR THE EMPEROR !

vampiresoap

Quote from: RadaRadaRada on December 01, 2016, 11:01:32 AM
The announcement say that the colonists are going to load assigned items to pods. My guess is that this is some sort of good transport system.

Also, I am seeing some jerrycans in stockpile. So, fuel to fuel the pods? This could have some implications, like, could it be used for fueled generator and are these goods brought, pumped and/or crafted from plants?

Wait, where's this official announcement? Please post a link, thanks! ;)