[A16 / A15] Taiga Creatures - upd(2017/jan/12)

Started by Thirite, December 01, 2016, 11:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Degraine

Hey there, I was testing some problems with a different mod and noticed that there's a bunch of warnings about the new SoundDefs for your mod - namely, every def needs a <context>MapOnly</context> like the vanilla defs now have.

And there's something about a verb to do with the snow jackalope's antlers:

Config error in SnowJackalope: has verb with linkedBodyPartsGroup Antlers but body QuadrupedAnimalWithPawsAndTail has no parts with that group.
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.DefDatabase`1:ErrorCheckAllDefs()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
Verse.GenGeneric:InvokeStaticMethodOnGenericType(Type, Type, String)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__735()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()

I don't know a thing about setting up animal body plans so I leave this in your capable hands.

Thirite

Ah, thanks for reporting the error with the Jackalope! I was aware of the SoundDef warnings but hadn't gotten the chance till now to fix them. I'll be updating the OP with the updated version shortly.

Hydromancerx

Thirite

I had very little time this evening to do everything I planned. This was merely a bugfix update.

NethanielShade

Waiting for A Dog Said A16 patch ;)

This is definitely one of my favorite animal mods.

Thirite

Oh, I thought ADS was still A15. Apparently the thread OP just hasn't been updated. Thanks!

I'm hoping to make the large animals in this mod able to haul like the Muffalo can for caravans, as well. Seems silly a horse can't have saddlebags at the moment.

Qwynn

I'm also very excited about the A16 ADS patch. Need me some more animals!

Meatbomb

Hey there Thirite, this is a lovely mod.  You have done an excellent job with the art assets, they blend in with the standard creatures really well!

My only suggestion is that the vanilla creatures have a much lighter/softer black outline.  It would be best if you matched the existing assets in this regard.

JABBA2000

It will be cool if you rename the Wooly Rhino to a Mammoth because it makes more sense.

Thirite

Quote from: JABBA2000 on January 08, 2017, 07:49:24 PM
It will be cool if you rename the Wooly Rhino to a Mammoth because it makes more sense.

Thirite

Hydromancerx, your wish is granted: Ptarmigans have now been added to the mod. Thanks again for the textures

I've also added the compatch for A Dog Said... for A16, which was super easy because it happened to require no changes other than the targetVersion field in About.xml ^^

Hydromancerx

Quote from: Thirite on January 09, 2017, 03:15:42 AM
Hydromancerx, your wish is granted: Ptarmigans have now been added to the mod. Thanks again for the textures

Huzzah! Thank you!  ;D

JABBA2000

Quote from: Hydromancerx on January 09, 2017, 02:37:51 AM

SCIENCE!

Oh ok lol. I didnt know but mammoths are cool. If Thirite ever has time to add them pls do :). I Got the mod its really cool. I mean while your at it add fucking dinosaurs. (jk pls dont but you can add stuff like saber tooth tigers/cat)

Thirite

-Caravan Update- v1.2
All of the large animals in Taiga creatures (shown below) are now capable of hauling cargo in caravans. Check the OP for the download link.

(click to enlarge)