[A16 / A15] Taiga Creatures - upd(2017/jan/12)

Started by Thirite, December 01, 2016, 11:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarelth

Any pointers on adding the pack ability to creatures? I have been getting errors out the rear end all day due to trying my hand at it.

Thirite

I made a post about it a while back:

Quote from: Thirite on January 12, 2017, 02:21:55 PM
Not sure if this is the right topic, but using the new xml field packAnimal will make the PawnRenderer class look for *Pack_*.png textures in the same directory as the pawn's textures and let that animal be used for hauling stuff in a caravan. Their carry weight seems to be based on body size.

eg: HorsePack_side.png holds a texture of a saddlebag that will overlay the Horse_side.png texture.

Feel free to take a look at my mod files for an example.

forestfey

Quote from: Hydromancerx on January 21, 2017, 08:42:08 PM

Here is the start of a Mammoth. If you can do the other sides that would be great. Make sure you shrink the ears of the elephant since mammoth's have smaller ears.

Also don't forget about the moose!

really awesome stuff this mod! :D
May I suggest that to make the "shoulder hunch" a bit bigger, the head a bit more "slumped" into the torso (but slightly higher) and lower down/decrease in size the hips some more for morphological accuracy? It might look even "mammothier" then...I like the "visual grip" of the fur a lot, though!
"Despite all our accomplishments, we owe our existence to a six-inch layer of top-soil and the fact that it rains."
_
Klirrend klare Nacht
funkelt durch den Schleier.
Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
Sparkles through the veil.
Unfolding inwards

Sarelth

Quote from: Thirite on January 22, 2017, 02:09:38 PM
I made a post about it a while back:

Quote from: Thirite on January 12, 2017, 02:21:55 PM
Not sure if this is the right topic, but using the new xml field packAnimal will make the PawnRenderer class look for *Pack_*.png textures in the same directory as the pawn's textures and let that animal be used for hauling stuff in a caravan. Their carry weight seems to be based on body size.

eg: HorsePack_side.png holds a texture of a saddlebag that will overlay the Horse_side.png texture.

Feel free to take a look at my mod files for an example.

I have been looking through them and I think that I was mistaken by the error I was getting as now I am getting it from a creature that is not a pack animal also. Just some odd texture shenanigans it seems.

Love the textures for your packs and animals, very nicely done.

Hydromancerx

A more complete set for you. This time the Smilodon. :D

Deathawaits4

Hei, i only have one question, what would happen if i added this to a existing save? Also would it be possible to add these creatures to the tundra  biome, since it wouldnt make sense to have a whooly rhino in a forest but not tundra ::) ;D Oh never mind, just looked in the xml files and most creatures are tundra.. :D also please add the creatures from the poster above me! they look amazing

Thirite

It will work fine if added to an existing save, as should any other basic "additional content" mod.

@Hydromancerx
Oh wow, really nice.

FreyaMaluk

Quote from: Hydromancerx on January 23, 2017, 02:14:12 AM
A more complete set for you. This time the Smilodon. :D

the Smilodon looks amazing..

JABBA2000

Holy shit i come back from skiing and i see you have made the animals. I was joking but good job on all the things i kinda said lol. It is really cool and they look really good.

Hydromancerx

@Thirite

Could you take the alpha beaver and make a new animal just called "Beaver" and have it eat only small plants instead trees? It could use the same graphics but just spawn in like the Forest and Boreal biomes.

FadingFog

Please, could you add folder with ready english translation for translation into another language capabilities?

Flimflamshabam

I get that the ptarmigans are meant to be cold weather chickens but maybe nerf the fertilized eggs cold resistance a little bit, I have my cooks making McNuggets when they wanted to make an omelette

asquirrel

Can I have a second helping of creatures please?  :)

Hydromancerx

Please join the "Community Animal Pack".

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30541.0