(Forum) A16 Savefiles Too Large for Size Limit

Started by MikeLemmer, December 13, 2016, 01:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeLemmer

In related news to A16, the attachment size limit of the forums should be increased. With the large world creation now, the savefiles can be too large to attach directly to bug posts. For instance, I tried to attach a save of a 7-day colony in a 100% created world, but it was 640kb large even after I zipped it.

Calahan

This is not a bug report. The bugs forum is for reporting game bugs, so please don't use it to post other messages in, and especially not at the moment considering how active the forum is with bugs relating to the unstable A16 release, because Tynan won't appreciate having his precious and limited time wasted reading non-bug reports like this.

If the save file is too large to attach to a post after archiving it, then simply use a third party service to host the file and share the download link. You can use cloud based services such as Dropbox or GoogleDrive. Or a file sharing service such as Zippyshare or Mega if preferred.

Locking this thread as a non-bug.

Tynan

Like Calahan said. You're right, I'll take it under advisement. But, not a bug! Thanks either way.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog