[A15/A16] Enhanced Crafting

Started by AlcoholV, December 02, 2016, 09:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Another suggestion.
After playing A16 now alot, the damn surgery fail chance is much worser and the consequenes are harder.
Could you modify the operation window, so you can assign a doctor to it ?

QuoteThere is no problem in the mod.
You are right, because there is no mod to download on github.
Only the source zip , which include the modfiles.

cainiao

skullywag

This is a great mod that is now part of my personal modpack at all times, not sure its been suggested yet but the only thing missing is the ability to assign more than 1 colonist to a bill. Often I want to set up an "everyone except that guy" bill. Assignable crafting kind of had this with workers assigned to the table, on the bill would be perfect.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

AlcoholV

Quote from: skullywag on January 08, 2017, 05:27:45 AM
This is a great mod that is now part of my personal modpack at all times, not sure its been suggested yet but the only thing missing is the ability to assign more than 1 colonist to a bill. Often I want to set up an "everyone except that guy" bill. Assignable crafting kind of had this with workers assigned to the table, on the bill would be perfect.

I agree. I feel that feature is necessary. I will add it soon.

AlcoholV

Quote from: Canute on January 02, 2017, 03:56:16 AM
Another suggestion.
After playing A16 now alot, the damn surgery fail chance is much worser and the consequenes are harder.
Could you modify the operation window, so you can assign a doctor to it ?

QuoteThere is no problem in the mod.
You are right, because there is no mod to download on github.
Only the source zip , which include the modfiles.

I will add it to the next version.

Canute

AlcoholV,
you are a such good modder, but why do you made it so hard for some easy gamer.
Can a gamer download your mod and unzip right in the mod folder like he can do with 90% of the other mod from the forum here ?

No he can't he need to create first a folder and unzip the mod into it.
Don't you know how dump some people are ? So made it please easyer for them to use your mod.
I think on steam workshop you need to follow some rules too ?

skullywag

Canute

skullywag, not k, sorry. :-(
But i don't need it anyway, i can extract the mod folder from the source zip, i just think at all these computer noobs and rimworld freshlings.

skullywag

Im not understanding, if you download the zip i stated and extract it, the folders are perfect....

Canute

Sorry, when i download the AcEnhancedCrafting.zip, the zip contains the 4 folders (about,assembly, lang., textures).
Maybe you got a different version ?

skullywag

Ah i picked extractto in 7zip, probably why.

Canute

Yeah, i could download it with jdownloader, and JD will create a folder with the download name and extract it in the same folder, thats all settings. 
But the filestructure of the mod is still wrong, it should have a topfolder with the modname + maybe version.
Or i am wrong ?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Canute on January 09, 2017, 01:58:38 PM
Yeah, i could download it with jdownloader, and JD will create a folder with the download name and extract it in the same folder, thats all settings. 
But the filestructure of the mod is still wrong, it should have a topfolder with the modname + maybe version.
Or i am wrong ?

I just looked closer at this. When you download from Github, you have to go into the zip, then into the mods folder, then you will find the folder you should be using for installing the mod. It would be very confusing for someone not knowing what they are looking for. I know it messed me up originally, but I didn't really look at it close, it was just quicker at the time to use the Workshop for that one mod.

edit: Or I guess easier, if you click on the /mods/acenhancedcrafting in the list of the main github page you can download the correct thing to begin with. Again, not something that is easy for a person not knowing exactly what they are looking for.

AlcoholV

I recommend that using steam workshop. 。・゚゚・o(iДi)o・゚゚・。

Compress entire folder is the default setting that I used....
I do not see any problems at all.
If I change it, someone will complain why there are two folders... :(

plz try another zip utils..

Canute

QuoteI recommend that using steam workshop. 。・゚゚・o(iДi)o・゚゚・。
I recommend then that you delete your account here, and just release on steam. :-)

Sorry i avoid to use steam at any way.