It's been 4 months and my name in game still isn't accepted

Started by JacobJ, December 03, 2016, 05:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JacobJ

I didn't think that the approval of my name choice in game would take this long but it still hasn't been admitted into the game. I'm kinda upset and would like a refund because I payed the extra money for my name of choice to be put it the game only for it to never be put in.

milon

I can't tell if you're serious or not about a refund.  Just in case, Steam & DRM-free are each a little different regarding their policies, I think.  Which did you purchase?

Has your character been rejected, or is it waiting for approval?

If your character was rejected, check the Creative Rewards Guidelines.

If you're still awaiting approval, be a little more patient.  They typically all go in shortly before the release of the next alpha.  (It really wouldn't make sense for the dev to constantly interrupt his developing work to go through each submission as they come in.  It's much more time efficient to do them as a batch before the next release is rolled out.)  And according to the front page, it looks like that next release is getting close!

RickyMartini

Is this really true? Because my pirate pack thing has also never been approved for weeks now and I'd very much like to get it included.

JacobJ

Quote from: milon on December 04, 2016, 12:44:15 AM
I can't tell if you're serious or not about a refund.  Just in case, Steam & DRM-free are each a little different regarding their policies, I think.  Which did you purchase?

Has your character been rejected, or is it waiting for approval?

If your character was rejected, check the Creative Rewards Guidelines.

If you're still awaiting approval, be a little more patient.  They typically all go in shortly before the release of the next alpha.  (It really wouldn't make sense for the dev to constantly interrupt his developing work to go through each submission as they come in.  It's much more time efficient to do them as a batch before the next release is rolled out.)  And according to the front page, it looks like that next release is getting close!

Mine has been awaiting approval for 4 months and yes I am serious about the refund I'm very dissatified with the fact that I purchased it 4 months ago to still not have my character added

Payment Method: Steam Wallet
Purchased: Aug 14, 2016 @ 1:26am
RimWorld Name in Game Pack - $44.99
Subtotal   $44.99   
Total   $44.99   

Tynan

We go through and approve them before each release.

(There'd be no reason to do it faster since even if we approved it sooner, it'd just sit in our database until next release anyway.)

So don't worry, it'll be in the next release, it was always going to be. We never leave anything un-reviewed when a new build comes out.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

HenrEek

While I agree that it's a little bit annoying to not have the submission reviewed (so we could timely think about an alternative, if needed), I can totally understand the developer's side.
And AFAIK, there's no assertion made that the reward would be put in the game as soon as one submitted it.
We must remember that the game is still in their alpha releases...

(Edit: spelling)

milon

@HenrEek, excellent reply, I fully agree.  I couldn't have said it better myself (I tried and gave up, LOL).