Does the story even make sense after the death of your 3 original crash landers?

Started by vampiresoap, December 04, 2016, 09:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramsis

Quote from: vampiresoap on December 04, 2016, 06:51:56 PM
Quote from: carbon on December 04, 2016, 03:04:49 PM
Well Stockholm Syndrome is real as are other forms of conversion / indoctrination presumably.

It's fine if you don't agree with a particular explanation, but if you're going to mock those who reply to your questions in good faith, then I won't be replying to your topics in future.

Why so serious? Also, I'm laughing too hard to apologize :D It's 2017, get used to being teased when you go on a full tangent in any given conversation. The "you offended me and I demand an apology and a pinky swear" thing ended after the election lol

Haha yeah it's almost 2017 so clearly any rules we set in place go right out the window right? Hahaha...

Yeah would you like to take this time to fix your mistake in this thread or should I just go ahead and swing my hammer of bans and we can clear up this incident in a few days when you get back?
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Morak

Quote from: vampiresoap on December 04, 2016, 02:40:11 PM
It's pretty hilarious that some of you don't get it :D Your 3 colonists crash land on a strange planet and you eventually build a ship to escape it. But if those 3 guys die and the tribesmen you recruited end up building the ship and getting the same ending...that doesn't really make sense...There, I'm done being a 2nd grade teacher haha...don't ask me to do it again.

PS: I think Cpt. DuctTape up there provided a "possible" explanation, but I'm not really convinced and still finding it hilarious.

Perhaps you have not heard the Tell of Captain Walker: www.youtube.com/watch?v=23SVHUPrUJ4

Arctic_fox

Quote from: Ramsis on December 05, 2016, 07:23:05 AM

Haha yeah it's almost 2017 so clearly any rules we set in place go right out the window right? Hahaha...

Yeah would you like to take this time to fix your mistake in this thread or should I just go ahead and swing my hammer of bans and we can clear up this incident in a few days when you get back?

Can i have the leather when your done? And mind going for skull? I need to make a new jacket the raiders stole my last one and the belly leather is always the warmest....

On topic though look at it this way, Lets say you joined a community be it via wandering in, being bought as a slave and set free (i know for damn sure if inwas a slave and someone bought me i would be loyal as hell to em) a captured raider or trib talked into joining what ever, lets say you became fond of them or heard storys of glitterworlds or homeworlds so much better then yours or have old tribal storys of your ancestors coming from the stars whatever.

Even if the 3 founders died it dosent mean you just drop a project, hell by that logic america shoulda turned back to britain when GW died, and as others have said a ship is the end goal sure but thats only because that is the only emd game option for the moment.

This game is a story generator, its up to you which direction it takes, if you want the colony to fall apart when the founders die then thats your call, if you prefer going from building a ship to building a raider mulching machine so you can sell human burgers to passing traders when the founders die thats your call, if you want to launch the ship with enough uranium and explosives onboard to make a dirty bomb the size of an aircraft carrier to take a planet hostage again your call.

Thats how i look at it, game says well heres how you start now go have fun with it.

vampiresoap

Well Stockholm Syndrome is real as are other forms of conversion / indoctrination presumably.

It's fine if you don't agree with a particular explanation, but if you're going to mock those who reply to your questions in good faith, then I won't be replying to your topics in future.

Why so serious? Also, I'm laughing too hard to apologize :D It's 2017, get used to being teased when you go on a full tangent in any given conversation. The "you offended me and I demand an apology and a pinky swear" thing ended after the election lol

What mistake? Guys bust each other's balls all the time. The only mistake here is how people nowadays are so damn sensitive and don't realize guys don't do this because they don't like each other. I also don't like threats. If that's your immediate reaction, then you should rethink your whole administrative methods.

loc978

Quote from: vampiresoap on December 05, 2016, 11:46:53 PM

What mistake? Guys bust each other's balls all the time. The only mistake here is how people nowadays are so damn sensitive and don't realize guys don't do this because they don't like each other. I also don't like threats. If that's your immediate reaction, then you should rethink your whole administrative methods.
Despite the knowledge that I'm feeding here, I feel a need to correct.
Guys sometimes "bust each other's balls" when they know each other. That's part of having rapport, not building rapport. If you bust a stranger's balls in public, expect it to lead to violence. This was the internet equivalent of that.

Ramsis

Falls more in line with you're being an ass, we have rules against being an ass, and it was to the point where I woke up to six different reports against you saying you invited people to a topic only to ridicule them.

You'd also be wise to show some basic respect, especially if a member of the forum staff are calling you out for something you said that is clearly violating our rules.

"1. No personal attacks: No personal attacks or insults - especially angry, inflammatory ones. Feel free to criticize a game, mod, or idea - but take care never to allow that to become a personal attack on an individual. Even oblique or implied personal attacks are disallowed.

2. Sustained hostility or anger venting: Do not post streams of unconstructive, unnecessary negativity or hostility, and do not vent anger here. It just makes the community feel hostile for no reason. This doesn't mean everyone has to be happy or have good opinions of everything and everyone all the time - it means that phrasing complaints in constructive ways leads to much better results all around, and we don't want a community where anger and hostility are behavioral norms.

3. Do not sustain flamewars: If you see behavior that seems out of line to you, report the topic/post using the report button. Don't make a fuss about it in the topic itself. Do not message or respond to people who you think are breaking rules. Simply report them, and move on."
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

MikeLemmer

You know, if people keep asking these questions about motivations/lore and promptly ignoring/belittling the replies just to keep the argument going, I'm going to start answering in absurd ways.

The reason your colonists still want to build a spaceship after the initial 3 die is because they all act like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVn1oQL9sWg

vampiresoap

Quote from: MikeLemmer on December 06, 2016, 12:33:53 AM
You know, if people keep asking these questions about motivations/lore and promptly ignoring/belittling the replies just to keep the argument going, I'm going to start answering in absurd ways.

The reason your colonists still want to build a spaceship after the initial 3 die is because they all act like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVn1oQL9sWg

By my count, only Cpt. DuctTape, Alenerel, Arctic_fox and maybe one other person got the point and replied accordingly. The rest of you were either posting without thinking or probably skipped/ignored what was being asked. That isn't rude? Expect mockery when you do that in any given conversation. Carbon especially brought up this whole religious/belief conversion thing and started to defend it...dude, that's totally not on point to begin with...Yeah, I might be an ass, but at least I read people's threads before posting.

So yeah, swing your mighty hammer, King of Egypt. Do your worst, for I am legion. (Meaning I'll just get another account to haunt your ass :D no, just kidding) Fine, I do feel bad if some of you got your precious feelings hurt (such an unfortunate tragedy). Please accept my human leather as my sincere apologies.

Bozobub

*blink*

Piddling on the feet of staff/admin is never a good idea.  Why even go there?
Thanks, belgord!

Ramsis

I've no quarrels with you Vamp, let the record show that right now; also if you take any time to look at my usual ban threats they tend to be on the more jovial and fun side if I can help it. Just try to remember not everyone on this forum is thick skinned, also try to remember we don't force much in the way of caring about age so... you know you could just be shitting all over some kid who in their head was giving you a fair opinion.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I have to yell at anyone who can be perceived as breaking the rules yo.

- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

A Friend

QuoteDoes the story even make sense after the death of your 3 original crash landers

Yes
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

vampiresoap