Mod Request - Xenomorph incident.

Started by GarthVader, December 04, 2016, 09:12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GarthVader

A ship of unknown origin crash lands near your colony containing a very formidable enemy. She is a queen and begins laying her eggs immediately. Her offspring soon hatch and seek out host that can incubate and grow soldiers for their queen. The Hatchlings soon come across a herd of Muffalos, dumb and defenseless the Muffalos make perfect host. The Hatchlings attach themselves to the faces of the herd sending them into a coma while they lay their seeds. A day later the Hatchlings life cycle is over and the herd awakens from their slumber. But now inside of them, a new threat is growing.....

Your colony is under attack, Xenomorphic soldiers spitting acid at your doors, your brave men fire with everything they have at the swarm. Cid, your best shooter manages to to kill one at point blank range, acid blood goes everywhere covering him with acid burns and needs to be rescued. But it is too late for Cid a Xenomorph captures him taking him back to the hive. The rest of your colony fights on, eventually after a tense battle, they kill enough Xeno's forcing them to retreat back to the hive...for now...

Oh and they mostly come out at night..mostly. 

Pink Omega

The ideia is really great, i'm a noob modder for now but I think that this is too complex to mod...

<=To Be Continued/\/

GarthVader

Deon

I need to learn how to code/mod to do it. I can sprite already though.
So I've made some xeno sprites, I just need to take some time and look at how incidents are made. No promises now, but if someone wants to collaborate, we can release a mod on workshop. I am interested in doing it myself though, it's about time I get into Rimworld modding.

I am not that great of a spriter and it took me like 15 minutes to make these, but at least they seem to look fitting to the Rimworld theme:

XeoNovaDan

Yeah, we need a Coder to make this happen. *Looks towards the solitary Comms Console in the shadowed corner, covered in cobwebs and dust*

NethanielShade

I know enough coding to bring your xenomorphs alive in game as hostile pawns and all, but not enough to make the events and stuff.  :'(

Smexy_Vampire

dont let them rats eat your small pets to become a full runner or prothion :D

Deon

Quote from: NethanielShade on January 06, 2017, 06:44:17 PM
I know enough coding to bring your xenomorphs alive in game as hostile pawns and all, but not enough to make the events and stuff.  :'(
Yeah, I would rather make them appear invisible and also kidnap your pawns.
Currently I am looking at how Star Vampires are done in the amazing Cults mod (btw check it out, it's really cool). I better learn by example :).

Deon

So apparently adding new races/pawns is fairly easy. I've managed to put them in the game and make them supposedly terrific fighters, but now I need to learn how to properly code in a natural ranged weapon (acid, burn damage), and then learn to code incidents.

lacrimi512

Quote from: Deon on January 07, 2017, 09:11:40 AM
So apparently adding new races/pawns is fairy easy. I've managed to put them in the game and make them supposedly terrific fighters, but now I need to learn how to properly code in a natural ranged weapon (acid, burn damage), and then learn to code incidents.

I think you will need two kind of Xenomorphs (Drones in this case) One who fights, other who spit acid, just like the cthulhu (There are two kind of Mi-Go's)

lacrimi512

And I think, for now, just make the Drone. If you are aware of the Alien Universe, you will know that where there's no Queen in the hive, the drones put eggs instead.

Deon

Oh yeah, I do plan to make different types of aliens (drones, warriors, runners etc) but I am more interested in learning how to make it play with incidents first. I will also need to make more different sprites to make it interesting.

Deon

I started a thread about it:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29240.0

This way I am more motivated to actually do and finish it :).

NethanielShade

I can help you with how to do your next step, the acid spit. Look at how the Pila works, it's an in-game throwing weapon. Change it so it's invisible in the hand, and the projectile looks like an acid spit that does the burn damage type. All easy to do.

Deon

Quote from: NethanielShade on January 07, 2017, 01:55:34 PM
I can help you with how to do your next step, the acid spit. Look at how the Pila works, it's an in-game throwing weapon. Change it so it's invisible in the hand, and the projectile looks like an acid spit that does the burn damage type. All easy to do.
Thanks. I am wondering how to make it not drop though, like some weapons of mechanoids. I will figure it out when I wake up.