Mod Request - Xenomorph incident.

Started by GarthVader, December 04, 2016, 09:12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kajin

Can we have two different kinds of these events? One where it's a strong, lone xenomorph running around killing people and one where it's a bunch of weak ones charging your base en masse? Basically the difference between the first movie and second movie.

Quote from: Deon on January 07, 2017, 03:56:09 PM
Quote from: NethanielShade on January 07, 2017, 01:55:34 PM
I can help you with how to do your next step, the acid spit. Look at how the Pila works, it's an in-game throwing weapon. Change it so it's invisible in the hand, and the projectile looks like an acid spit that does the burn damage type. All easy to do.
Thanks. I am wondering how to make it not drop though, like some weapons of mechanoids. I will figure it out when I wake up.
What if you treat it like fire explosion?

Deon

Quote from: Kajin on January 07, 2017, 11:51:28 PM
Can we have two different kinds of these events? One where it's a strong, lone xenomorph running around killing people and one where it's a bunch of weak ones charging your base en masse? Basically the difference between the first movie and second movie.

Quote from: Deon on January 07, 2017, 03:56:09 PM
Quote from: NethanielShade on January 07, 2017, 01:55:34 PM
I can help you with how to do your next step, the acid spit. Look at how the Pila works, it's an in-game throwing weapon. Change it so it's invisible in the hand, and the projectile looks like an acid spit that does the burn damage type. All easy to do.
Thanks. I am wondering how to make it not drop though, like some weapons of mechanoids. I will figure it out when I wake up.
What if you treat it like fire explosion?

I figured out how to spawn Manhunter xenomorphs. I also made various types of them already. So it's just a few lines of code and the incident can be whatever.

I don't get it what you mean by "like fire explosion". Do you have some example of a code how would it work and how to trigger it?

Kajin

Quote from: Deon on January 08, 2017, 11:31:23 AMI don't get it what you mean by "like fire explosion". Do you have some example of a code how would it work and how to trigger it?
The boomalope fiery explosion on death? That's what I was thinking of. Figured it would be easier to model a xenomorph's acid blood after that than it would be to have it throw invisible weapons that vanish after hitting the target.

Deon

Ehh.... No? You have weird imagination. I just made a weapon that disappears when dropped, and shoots projectiles that burn when hit.

megatech2795

this sounds like an amazing mod. I would love have something like this in my rimworld! keep up the epic work guys! looks to be an amazing mod from an amazing set of people! thank you to all the coders, spriters, and mod makers of rimworld for being awesome!

vgex

So I was dabbiling in the code, why not do a copy of like the Infestation code, replace some sprites, rework some of the code I think there is a mod that improves the infestation by making it where every once and a while the infestation bugs go manhunting, I would assume then some code would be needed to redo the whole infestation event such as changing how they reproduce and such, along with maybe changing the sprite for the actual hive. Just a thought.