[1.1/1.2] Luxe Fur (A Companion Mod)

Started by Lime_time, September 09, 2020, 02:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lime_time

I made a little mod for myself for the first time!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2224234088

This mod consolidates the types of furs dropped by the animals listed in the picture above. Smaller animals should drop small furry pelts, rather than boring old light leather and plain leather.

This mod is not intended to be used alone, though it can be. A list of compatible mods is below. This mod was created to be used in conjunction with [JPT] Soft Warm Beds.

New Leather Types

Coarse Fur will drop from the most basic small, furry mammals. It is better than most basic leathers in terms of softness, with okay cold protection. Its value is fairly low. Since it is fairly dense (if rough), it provides better armor than both Soft and Luxe Fur.

Soft Fur will drop from several smaller mammals. It is slightly softer than Guinea Pig Fur (which has been removed), has a slightly smaller market value, and makes for worse armor.

Luxe Fur will drop from a handful of small critters. It is super warm, with a high market value and high softness value.

Currently patches / compatible with:

* Vanilla Animals Expanded
* Erin's Critters
* Forest Critters
* FoxSquirrel
* Rodents of Unusual Size

You do not need all of those animal mods for this mod to work.

This mod was made for me, by me. It is completely open to any editing that you want to do.

minimar

Please consider a non-steam download option. Always preferred to workshop downloader tools.

Canute

Wolpeti

i made a small patch for some animals extended and erins mods, because when you skin a raccoon it gives you just some trash fur instead of some descent luxe fur, for why the critters were bred and farmed in the first place. Also for Badgers from Ark and VAE yield soft fur. Is the creater cool with me sharing that patch?

maybe you expand that mod in the future to add specific beaver pelt and coon skin.