[1.2] Power Logic - (v1.16c) (10.05.2021)

Started by Supes, December 04, 2016, 10:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supes

not yet, but there will in the future (along with a few other logic gates).

currently getting my mods ready for A16 first.

lost_RD

I like the idea of this mod, I just don't know how I would use it.

Zebukin

Nice additions will be:
lightsensor (low level, hi level)
Pulse — send one pulse
Timer — switches on specific hour
Counter — get pulse or manual switch and keeps ON level some time, then go off. The same as cooldown.

Supes

I think the Timer Switch has already been done, so I probably wont add that, but the others are good ideas.

sirgzu

About wireless transmitters, switching the radio band shouldn't be instant, this is a cheap exploit for instantly turning things on or off without the use of a colonist. To balance that you could make a colonist having to interact with the transmitter to switch channel.

Also research upgrade for multi channel support on the same transmitter!

Canute

What do you think to made the Inductive receiver coil moveable ? That would made more sense for using it.

Edit: doh forget it, i just found out the max. transfer range are 5 fields. Not enough to made a moveable sentry defence.

Supes

new update, Logic Gates are up and running now.  It's worth noting that you need input sockets attached to the sides of Logic Gates in order to connect power conduits to them, any power conduit directly attached to a gate will be considered an output line

as requested, I've added a light sensor (has low light detection, will add a toggle for high light at some point), and made it so that wireless devices need to have their channel flicked to avoid exploiting.  Also added a remote controlled door that cycles through actions.

Inductors have a slightly longer range now (because I had issues routing all those lines for my calculator attempt, partly shown below), and even more control over how it draws power. however I've avoided making them minifiable since they don't disconnect properly when minified.

Added Remote Controlled Door
Added Logical Gates (Huzzah)
+AND Gate
+OR Gate
+XOR Gate
Added Inverter (NOT)
Added Input Sockets (use these between logical gates and conduits)
Increased range of Inductors from 5 to 7 spaces
Inductors now have settings
Added Light Sensor Switch
Added AI for flicking Wireless channels

sirgzu

Quote from: Supes on January 18, 2017, 06:30:42 PM
Inductors have a slightly longer range now (because I had issues routing all those lines for my calculator attempt, partly shown below), and even more control over how it draws power. however I've avoided making them minifiable since they don't disconnect properly when minified.
I wrote my own miniaturisation overloaded xml for the inductors and they work fine, although I noticed some issues with connecting but I'm not 100% sure it's related to the minification process.

I suppose they automatically try to connect on build, perhaps they could automatically attempt to reconnect on reinstall, that way it should work fine.

drakulux

I want to just give abit helpfil/unhelpful creative advice. As a heavy modder I use up to 150+ mods and generally mod any modable game. I like the concept of this mod but other mods so very many similar things only in a simpler form;there is power switch which integrates all its functions into 1 item, the coolwes can be set to aim for a certain temperature, ah but yes they dont turn off... What i would advice is to make your content more compact instead of all the components working as individual items. Instead my idea for you is to make the core of your mod a programable junction box that is the main item and max 2-3 other supporting components i. E.  Wireless transmitters. The mod looks like it will make my colony too complex at the moment.
I also use another power switch mod which watches for low power and it only adds the 1 item. Too many connections and it just becomes a mess. Just my 2 cents and also if you do decide to go the junction box route I will be glad to help with artwork ;)  till then I look forward to seeing where you take this.

Supes

I'll think about it, I'd probably integrate specific future items into others.  Mainly the switches are separate so that you know what the switch is from a glance (heat sensor is drawn like a thermometer, proximity like a radar for example) but I get what you mean.

@sirgzu minifing inductors and then reinstalling them, one of the inductors thinks it's still connected (so reconnecting becomes buggy).

drakulux

Quote from: Supes on February 04, 2017, 04:28:49 PM
I'll think about it, I'd probably integrate specific future items into others.  Mainly the switches are separate so that you know what the switch is from a glance (heat sensor is drawn like a thermometer, proximity like a radar for example) but I get what you mean.

@sirgzu minifing inductors and then reinstalling them, one of the inductors thinks it's still connected (so reconnecting becomes buggy).

What about an item that changes its middle texture dependent on what function it is set to? That way you can incorporate the function of multiple switch types into a single larger switch (larger for balance as multiple functionality should cost more and possible require more cell space, display will also be easier with larger item space, e.g. a 2 cell box with a screen which changes the icon displayed on it dependent on what function it is set to). .../end idea

Supes

faltonico

Hi there!
I could not load my save game with the new version, i had to fall back to the previous one. I have yet to build or research something related to the mod though.
Glad to see you adding more stuff, thanks a lot!

EDIT: I just noticed V 1.3 let me test that.

EDIT2: Is nexus updated?

Supes

the nexus version has the current version uploaded (1.3a)

faltonico

Nope, i can't start my save with the new update... rolled back. Don't mind it though, my save is a mess anyway.
But do you know of any incompatibility it might have?