[1.2] Power Logic - (v1.16c) (10.05.2021)

Started by Supes, December 04, 2016, 10:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmybub

I have an older version of rimworld (a16) with all the mods I like that haven't been updated yet to the latest version of the game.  Is it possible to get an older release of this mod?  Maybe there's a github link that I missed or something, sorry :|

Canute

Jimmybub,
is it possible to check the link's before you ask ? :-)
At nexus you find older versions.

Jimmybub

ah alright, now that I know to look on nexus I'm sure I'll find it, thanks!  Didn't see a link on the forums, sorry.

Canute

There are 2 big fat download button.
A green one "Download from Nexus mod" and "Steam Workshop".

JazeEyed

Hi - is it possible that you'll add some sort of logic for events? E.g. when the "prison break" event is fired, - imagine: prison break starts... and boom. 20 turrets relieve power, shot the f**kers down.

Supes

There's no current plans for hooking incidents at the moment I'm afraid.

My personal opinion on it is that it would defeat the purpose of things like strategically placed proximity sensors for creating traps.

Supes

New item added, the protective fuse.

when placed on your grid, it gives a 50/50 chance of blocking the path of a battery discharge.

optimal battery/fuse setup (battery groups are in series, fuses between each group of batteries)

what happens after zzzt (zzzt went through two fuses, but got stopped on the third, preventing total power drain)

janowar

Hi Supes,

I absolutely love this mod, and all the crazy wacky sensor-responsive automation logic it allows.
Most of the items I've been able to understand with limited tinkering and testing, but as I've started playing with the remote control doors, theres so many toggles and options with limited tooltip information that I'm just confused.
Can you go into a little more detail on how they operate? what is a "profile" within the context of a remote door? Primary/Secondary? why do they seem to have a priority widget, and what does that do? also, for me the "presets" menu seems to just have 2 instances of "proximity open", is this correct? What's with the toggle button that adds a universal quantifier symbol to "default" (is that a profile?)?
I'm sure I'm being at least a partial idiot here... but I've gone through the thread and haven't seen much documentation on these doors besides an example for a two-transmitter open/close config.

Thanks in advance!

Supes

so as you know, you can have up to two channels set on wifi devices (with multi channel research), primary channel and secondary channel.

when you create a remote door, you start with one profile called default, and you can set if a profile runs on either primary channel (I), secondary channel (II) or both (∀), you can rename the profile to something else if you wish (double click, right click), and can add more profiles by clicking the +.

so you might have two profiles with the same channel, changing priority helps control which profile would run in that situation.

wait mode changes whether the profile runs on signal, or runs on no signal

that's probably a bug with presets not clearing on reload, there should only be one proximity open.

janowar

Ah, that helps immensely. I'm wrapping my head around it all now. I've now successfully created a very basic heat trap with a pressure plate that triggers a stay-on switch that engages the heaters and seals the doors, with a manual flick switch to disengage the whole system after it's done it's job.
but complete with macro commands to change whether a profile is assigned to a primary or secondary channel, or what priority it is... you really gave us some powerful logic tools here! I've already got crazy possibilities dancing in my head.

Thank you so much for this gem.

bigheadzach

This is looking like it could replace both Fuse *and* Power Switch mods for me, plus a bunch of other cool doodads. They're locked behind a reasonable research shrub, right?

Xfortran

Supes

Should be a nexus button on the OP.

aye there's around 4500 research required to get everything, most things you can get from the initial few blocks or research

Xfortran

I was asking cause I'm sometimes less then observant (I didn't/don't see a link other then Steam).  Knowing its on Nexus I can find it.  Thank you.

Canute

Quote(I didn't/don't see a link other then Steam).
Very curious, do you use some special Adblock tool or this kind ?
The Big "Download from Nexus mods" button is right above the big "Steam workshop" button.
Pretty hard to miss.