[A16] MeerkatMod - Meerkats!

Started by apk, December 05, 2016, 12:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apk

MeerkatMod

Introduction
The meerkat or suricate (Suricata suricatta) is a small carnivoran belonging to the mongoose family (Herpestidae). It is the only member of the genus Suricata. [wikipedia.org]

This is a simple mod that adds meerkats to the game. It features custom graphics, including separate sets for different life stages and moving/sitting.
Meerkats make excellent pets, but are quite difficult to tame. You can encounter them in arid and desert biomes.

Installation
Download using the Steam Workshop or simply clone the Github Repository into your steamapps/common/RimWorld/Mods folder.

Compatibility
This mod doesn't override any classes or defs and should be compatible with most other mods. Your mileage may vary. Please let me know should you encounter any problems.

Source
The source for the mod and the assets is available on GitHub. This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

skullywag

if any mod was deserving of a custom graphics class its meerkats, good work.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Shinzy

DepOpt

Ignore this notice

Thirite

> properly added to biomes via racedef
> nice looking graphics
> custom graphics class to make it stand up
> first mod

apk

Updated for A16. By popular request, meerkats now avoid attacking colonist pets. Please let me know if anything spontaneously explodes in the new version.

Pink Omega

New modder here, so how you actually did these custom graphics for moving and sitting?
Is it actually hard?

<=To Be Continued/\/

Thirite

If you know the basics of programming something like this isn't that difficult. If you've never done programming before, you'll definitely want to start by learning C# from online resources before you try mucking around in the game's code.

Pink Omega

Quote from: Thirite on January 09, 2017, 05:15:21 PM
If you know the basics of programming something like this isn't that difficult. If you've never done programming before, you'll definitely want to start by learning C# from online resources before you try mucking around in the game's code.
I already know a little of the basics of C#, I was actually wondering how I can implement the stuff like in this mod.

<=To Be Continued/\/

Hydromancerx