[mod idea] mood boost by pets

Started by 14m1337, December 05, 2016, 05:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

14m1337

just got an idea for a mod:
could one make colonists get a mood boost if they have a cage with their bond pet in their room ?
of course this would not work for cows, bears, muffalos and other "big" pets. but for snakes, rats, cats, dogs ... maybe even with a chicken.
yeah, I know, in real-life cages would not be appropriate homes for dogs and cats, but where would you draw the lines ?
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

Rock5

I think caging your pets is not the way to go. How about being able to assign a pet sleeping spots to particular pets? Then you could put one in the colonists room and set it to the right pet and get the buff and the pet can still roam around as usual when not sleeping..
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

14m1337

interesting ... yep, sounds better than my original idea.

what I didn't make clear: the idea of cages was not meant for pets that already formed a bond with a colonist, but more for forcing forming a bond. and for SMALL pets. like rats, ferrets, hamster... or birds.
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.

Rock5

Interesting, a mechanic to force bond with animals. It is really annoying the lack of control we have over bonding. You can at the moment, sort of, force a bond by only trailing with the colonist that you want to get the bond but I think that only applies to colonist that can train. So this could be an interesting mechanic to manage bonds.

I don't think animal sizes matter in Rimworld. If there is going to be a mechanic to force bonds with animals it will probably be made to work with all animal sizes.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

14m1337

oh size matters in at least one case already, especially when looking at pets: the animal sleeping box only "fits smaller animals like chickens, cats or small dogs".

Illusion Distort

Would be nice to see more bonds between the characters in the game. I think it's a great idea, would add alot flavour in my oppinion. :D