[Mod Request] Taking notes? Calculators?

Started by Spdskatr, December 06, 2016, 01:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spdskatr

DISCLAIMER: I am so lazy that I don't wanna use pen and paper.
DISCLAIMER2:I know ~> 0 about modding

I'm probably an absolute peabrain and this has probably been mentioned before but...

NOTES

I kinda want a "notes" tab on the bottom menu so that I could take down general notes about the world that would be stored with the save data. That's it. This is just so I can take down technical stuff about my colony, as well as provide some kind of "Welcome" message if I share my map with someone else.

For example, if I calculated how long my batteries would take to charge up, I would want to store this information with my save data so that when I come on 3 weeks later, I could recall the value.

EDIT:I wouldn't mind an in-game item like a "sign" or a "plaque" that lets the player write things on it.

OPTIONAL

This is totally optional, but if there could be a very simple in-game calculator that could do basic arithmetic then that would save people a lot of work(not really tbh I just use calc.exe) trying to figure out sums in their head.

What do you guys think?
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

mugenzebra

My idea is to integrate note-taking capability into my analytics mod: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27521.msg279160#msg279160
which eventually will generate analytics report

Spdskatr

Quote from: mugenzebra on December 06, 2016, 02:38:04 AM
My idea is to integrate note-taking capability into my analytics mod: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27521.msg279160#msg279160
which eventually will generate analytics report
I loved what you were doing, and you'd be happy to know that it's one step ahead of what I wanted. My request was something even more simple.

I don't know if this request would take a lot of time/effort to make, logically, simplicity would be proprtional to lines of code, but I don't know much about Modding techniques and language.

I wouldn't mind an in-game item like a "sign" or a "plaque" that lets the player write things on it.
My mods

mugenzebra

I just added simple note taking capability. Just download and install the mod and go to Estimator tab, then Note sub-tab. Your note is saved upon saving, and reload upon restarting your game. I tested it, it works fine, you can try it out and if there's any problem let me know. Other sub-tabs are non-functioning besides Graph sub-tab.

Spdskatr

Thanks a lot mugenzebra, that is exactly what I wanted.
My mods

mugenzebra

MisterVertigo

This was a great suggestion, and it's even better because someone has it made already! I've never seen this analytics mod before but it looks great. Thank you both!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub