[Mod Request] Deconstruct power conduits

Started by Mehni, December 06, 2016, 03:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mehni

You know how it goes. You want to reroute power so those darn cables under your hydroponics stop exploding. Click once to select the rice plant. Click once more to select the hydroponic basic. Click again to select the power conduit. Click to deconstruct. Rinse and repeat for each tile.

I go nuts doing this. It drives me crazy. If anyone could make a mod that quickly/easily deconstructs power conduits, I'd be forever in their debt.

Functionally, I imagine the mod would be the same as the regular mass-deconstruct tool, but instead of everything it applies only to power conduits.

Illusion Distort

Seems more like something Tynan should add to the core game seeing as this is a "problem" / "feature" with the core game.
But for now there should be a mod that adds this, maby adding a <IsSmallPowerBuilding> or something to make it easy to make use of the mod in other mods.

Cheers :*

cainiao

try redistheat mod,it has a tool called deconstruct reverse.

Rock5

I don't think having a solution that only applies to Power Conduits is the way to go. With AllowTool you can use the Mass Select to select items of the same type so it can be used to select all the conduits then just click deconstruct.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

faltonico

Quote from: Rock5 on December 07, 2016, 01:06:16 AM
I don't think having a solution that only applies to Power Conduits is the way to go. With AllowTool you can use the Mass Select to select items of the same type so it can be used to select all the conduits then just click deconstruct.
How can you limit what is selected to what you want to deconstruct, and not selecting every other conduit in the map or on the screen?

Mehni

Quote from: Illusion Distort on December 06, 2016, 05:36:41 PM
Seems more like something Tynan should add to the core game seeing as this is a "problem" / "feature" with the core game.

Definitely, but until then a mod would be really appreciated.

Quote from: cainiao on December 06, 2016, 07:01:43 PM
try redistheat mod,it has a tool called deconstruct reverse.

I'll look into that, thanks for the suggestion. It's a big mod to install specifically for that function though.

Quote from: Rock5 on December 07, 2016, 01:06:16 AM
I don't think having a solution that only applies to Power Conduits is the way to go.

Could be an interesting further development. I thought I'd keep the request limited for now.

Rock5

You can find out the key combos by reading the tools description. In this case the Mass Select tool includes "Hold Ctrl/Option (in my case option means shift) to select only things of the same type as the ones already selected". In practice you select a conduit, select the Mass Select tool, hold control and shift, then select the rest of the conduits.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

faltonico

Quote from: Rock5 on December 07, 2016, 06:40:43 AM
You can find out the key combos by reading the tools description. In this case the Mass Select tool includes "Hold Ctrl/Option (in my case option means shift) to select only things of the same type as the ones already selected". In practice you select a conduit, select the Mass Select tool, hold control and shift, then select the rest of the conduits.
Ok, thanks!

TheWireLord

Quote from: Mehni on December 06, 2016, 03:54:24 PM
You know how it goes. You want to reroute power so those darn cables under your hydroponics stop exploding. Click once to select the rice plant. Click once more to select the hydroponic basic. Click again to select the power conduit. Click to deconstruct. Rinse and repeat for each tile.

I go nuts doing this. It drives me crazy. If anyone could make a mod that quickly/easily deconstructs power conduits, I'd be forever in their debt.

Functionally, I imagine the mod would be the same as the regular mass-deconstruct tool, but instead of everything it applies only to power conduits.

Hey I have actually created a mod that does exactily this! I have had the same issue for a while and it has drove me crazy..so i did something about it :D

Steam Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=838336462