Colony Navaru at the spring 5504 [modded]

Started by Jin.M, December 08, 2016, 02:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jin.M

This is my first longer playthrough with over 90 mods added. The other colonies I built were all vanilla, starting in alpha 9 I think. =)

Up to now I lost one colonist in the first year and another guy lost his mother when she attacked my colony to recapture her son (-15 mod for 1 year or so...).

The storyteller is H.P. Lovecraft double population on extreme. The first two years I played on challenge, until I felt the need for stronger threats - I am undecided if I am happy or sad about having not gotten any stronger threats so far. I didn't play on permadeath and loaded savegames on annoying incidents, because I wanted the colony to grow big and have some economical and baseplaning challenges.

An album with many more pictures: http://imgur.com/a/qvW60

The most interesting mods I want to mention here are:

QuoteCall of Cthulhu/ The Lovecraft ones for their cool interiour and monsters (invisible vampires just kick ass); Autospotlight for its immersion; MAI for falling in love with the first day colonist Hernan (I can't give them a shared bed...well maybe I try to lay them together by putting the recharge station next to Hernan's bed :D ); MISC Robots for the incredibly usefull small helpers that are balanced imho - MAI is a little bit too strong imho; Combat Realism for not working (the button to manage outfits just vanishes) and forcing me to deinstall it and wasting 1 hour of my life until I found out what mod caused its bug (I love the ammunition feature but I found no stable way to fix this mod); Prisoner Ransom for being totally unbalanced but giving my colony a nice silver boost until I noticed how overpowered this new gamemechanic is and didn't use it anymore - it feels like cheating...; MISC Mapgenerator for its nice subtle terrain changes; CaveworldFlora for the shrooms =); Hot Coffee for making the life of my insomaniac Tod bearable; TAU Empire for its incredibly challenging mechs - I love them, had to load a very old save when, in the first or second year, a tunneling raider group opened the ancient chamber containing one of those giants; Increased Forest Density deadly version for giving me a nice environmental challenge for the first two years - sadly after some time the forest and the grass doesn't regrow and the density vanishes; Raiderpedes for the strong enemies that contain an AI core as reward; Canned Food for taking away the micromanagment hassle survival meals give; Fences for really improving the look of my base; Fishindustry for bringing the needed diversity into the meals with creative ways to implement its gamemechanic; More Furniture for being used in every room I made for my colonists; EPOE for giving me this nice lategame content after 4 years of playing: fit out the prostethics loving trigger happy masochist Yulian :D; Orrasans for sounding totally cool but not showing up once; and finally Rimsenal Feral for giving some nice substitute enemy to the normal vanilla human factions.

Once I retire this colony (by changing the storyteller to an even tougher one :D ) I might go for a permadeath gameplay. But for this I want a bigger colonist income or some way to get a balanced gameplay. I can't explain it really well, I just try to say that it kills the fun for me to loose a colonist until I have at least 10 and not get immediatelly defeated once 2 or 3 die. But for this one I can play around with my modlist again - lesser rebuffs or the ship crash incident mod.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]