Don't Starve Monsters

Started by Hydromancerx, December 08, 2016, 10:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydromancerx

As the title suggests, could someone make a mod that uses the monsters from the game Don't Starve.

Examples ...

Beefalo

Koalefant

Voltgoat

Pengull

More ...

http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Mobs

Illusion Distort

Other specifications?
Tamable? Trainable? Milkable?

To be clear I am not doing this mod request for the moment, maybe later if I find the time. Im just trying to make it more clear what you want from the mod.

Plymouth

Didact04

Honestly, I think there would be too much overlap. Don't Starve's animals already more or less exist in Rimworld, in particular the Beefalo (muffalo) and the volt goat (cow). There already is an elephant and the pengull is just another bird. We also have the Warg (Hound) and creatures that explode in fire on death. You even get manhunter packs and have the ability to cause them regularly through the scenario system.

About all the unique creatures the game could provide are the bees and mosquitos, plus maybe tentacles or something. Maybe the pigmen would be interesting.

I mean, if you really want to see this mod happen, I have no doubt it can be done, but just having Don't Starve animals in Rimworld isn't all that interesting imo. Maybe you would get creative with it, though.

apk

This sounds interesting - I really like DS myself. I'm not sure if the graphics would fit the game's style very well - perhaps with some modification? I'll see what can be done if I manage to acquire the textures from the game.

(edit) It appears that the textures can be extracted rather easily, but the creatures are divided into body parts (for animation) and compiled into atlases. It will take some work to put them back together.

apk

I managed to extract both textures and animations using this magnificent tool and put together this:

RimStarve

I could use some feedback before I make the mod public and start adding more content. Haven't had the time to extensively test the mod.

Hydromancerx

Yay!!!!! Thank you!!! This is awesome!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

N23

I remember the same kind of mod in A16. Wasn't needable, but hey more animals = more fun

SpaceDorf

Thats the one you remember  :D

I remembered it too, because I wanted to check out some code.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.