What's the cruelest colony you've ever founded?

Started by Lakuna, December 11, 2016, 11:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lakuna

Rimworld is a game in which you can do many things. Some of us are content with building a large, peaceful farm colony and leaving as soon as possible. Some of us, however, like to have a bit of 'fun' while we're at it. Have you made a colony devoted to harvesting the organs of your prisoners? Have you let your colonists battle to the death for food? Have you trapped your "friends" in your freezer and let them freeze to death?

Tell me what your cruelest colony was like!

amodchecker

mine where wayy back in the early alphas,  back when all you could grow was potatoes and prisoners where useful for more then just eating your food,  back then it was "an execution a day keeps the breaks away" and you could build giblet cages to keep your colonists from breaking,  back then colonists had 2 gauges,  mood and fear, and whichever was higher was used for calculating breaks, you can guess witch one was easier to keep high,  now a days that sort of regime would make all your colonists loose it,  harvesting organs from prisoners?  bah! your colonists haven't seen cruelty till thay see one of there friends in a cage (not the jail kind)

battles to the death for food and freezing to death in the freezer aren't all that bad of ways to go in rimworld to be honest, iv played on maps that will freeze colonists in arctic clothing and killed raiders only to end up eating them when the crops failed to bring in enough food in time
you can include my mods in your mod pack,  but you must give credit to me and there must not be any amount of money involved,

you can make mods of my mods as long as you give credit

you must inform me if you use my mods in any way shape or form

grimsurgent

I recently started a colony where I gave everyone the cannibal and psychopath trait, and refused to eat anything but rice and human meat, leaning heavily on human meat later in game when I can raid pirates for meat.

dv

The worst I've done is butcher enemy tribals for meat to make kibble which I feed to the alpacas and camels for milk and wool. Fortunately, I had a couple psychopaths to do the butchering and the mood debuff wasn't too bad.

If you're going to throw 20-30 dudes into a killbox, three times in three days, when my alpacas are starving because my map is devoid of game animals in winter, what am I supposed to do with them?

Ildac

I did the cannibal colony thing, too.  I have a story thread here, though it'll never be finished since it's from an older version of the game.

Mkok

Cruelest? I once built a prison room filled with torture tools, and cages filled with dead raiders (some of them might have been still alive). There were also dead bodies around the perimeter, to show incoming raiders I mean bussiness. Good thing Tynan removed these features  :D

Russian Santa556

In one of my colonies, I had this room in the very, very center of my heavily fortified colony. It was a tiny 4 by 5 room that, in the absolute beginning of the game, had served as the shared bedroom for my three starting colonists. I kept it around at first out of sentiment, almost like it was a memento, but never really found a practical use for it.

And then, I captured a prisoner. But at the time, I didn't have any more empty cells in my prison, so as a temporary measure, I put a sleeping spot in the old barracks and let him stay there until a spot opened up.

I very soon forgot about that prisoner's existence.

In addition, this prisoner never once received any food, nor medical treatment for his considerable injuries, or anything. I don't know why, I think it's because by default I never give prisoners food unless their stats deem them worthy of recruitment. Except with this guy, I never once checked his stats, so he just sat there for about five days, bleeding slowly but relentlessly and starving to death.

That gave me the idea to turn that bedroom into the deepest, darkest, most hellish place in my entire colony. I named that room "The Hole" and from then on, I placed all my useless prisoners in there, the ones with no worthwhile stats or with bad traits. They received no food, they were routinely tortured with extreme temperatures, like sub-subzero temperatures or literally 1200 degrees of face-melting heat.

Severely wounded prisoners who simply couldn't be saved also went into the hole in order to serve as food and decoration. Their blood painted that tiny cell red, and when they died, it wasn't long before the prisoners would get hungry and eat their fellow man. And sometimes, just to be especially cruel, I'd let the corpses ripen and rot for a few days before having them hauled in, just to heighten my prisoners' suffering as much as possible.

One guy in particular lived for well over three years, constantly starving, constantly having to kill other prisoners when they broke mentally, constantly having to edge toward the brink of death, but never quite being able to touch that sweet, sweet release. At the end of it, I'd become quite attached to him, and even went as far as actually treating his injuries when he became badly hurt.

Once, I even let him eat a simple meal 'cause I'm just that generous.

This prisoner was never released or recruited. Eventually, just after the anniversary of his third year, I decided to have him diced up and served into the local supply of lavish meals, so that he could live on forever through my colonists.

Xevion

Quote from: Russian Santa556 on January 14, 2017, 03:29:31 PM
In one of my colonies, I had this room in the very, very center of my heavily fortified colony. It was a tiny 4 by 5 room that, in the absolute beginning of the game, had served as the shared bedroom for my three starting colonists. I kept it around at first out of sentiment, almost like it was a memento, but never really found a practical use for it.

And then, I captured a prisoner. But at the time, I didn't have any more empty cells in my prison, so as a temporary measure, I put a sleeping spot in the old barracks and let him stay there until a spot opened up.

I very soon forgot about that prisoner's existence.

In addition, this prisoner never once received any food, nor medical treatment for his considerable injuries, or anything. I don't know why, I think it's because by default I never give prisoners food unless their stats deem them worthy of recruitment. Except with this guy, I never once checked his stats, so he just sat there for about five days, bleeding slowly but relentlessly and starving to death.

That gave me the idea to turn that bedroom into the deepest, darkest, most hellish place in my entire colony. I named that room "The Hole" and from then on, I placed all my useless prisoners in there, the ones with no worthwhile stats or with bad traits. They received no food, they were routinely tortured with extreme temperatures, like sub-subzero temperatures or literally 1200 degrees of face-melting heat.

Severely wounded prisoners who simply couldn't be saved also went into the hole in order to serve as food and decoration. Their blood painted that tiny cell red, and when they died, it wasn't long before the prisoners would get hungry and eat their fellow man. And sometimes, just to be especially cruel, I'd let the corpses ripen and rot for a few days before having them hauled in, just to heighten my prisoners' suffering as much as possible.

One guy in particular lived for well over three years, constantly starving, constantly having to kill other prisoners when they broke mentally, constantly having to edge toward the brink of death, but never quite being able to touch that sweet, sweet release. At the end of it, I'd become quite attached to him, and even went as far as actually treating his injuries when he became badly hurt.

Once, I even let him eat a simple meal 'cause I'm just that generous.

This prisoner was never released or recruited. Eventually, just after the anniversary of his third year, I decided to have him diced up and served into the local supply of lavish meals, so that he could live on forever through my colonists.
You are a god.

Sola

I can't touch "the hole", but I did the sea ice extreme challenge, with permanent temps as low as -220F.  After a couple years, two colonists got married, and I used this blissful moment to dig up every raider I've ever killed and turned them into over 8,000 portions of human sausage.

My best crafter even turned their flesh into haute couture and sold it to the local traders.  One such jacket comprised of human flesh sold for over 4,000 silver.  We became spoiled.  Our thirsts for luxuries were never slaked.  Every person that dared enter my haven may as well have been a pinata filled with gold nuggets.  We even purchased a full set of power armor.  Nobody ever wore it, because it was too damn cold, and replacing a parka with that armor would have meant death by hypothermia in two hours, but it needed to be had.  Then, we were low on silver, so we needed to dry and scrape out some more human fleshybits to make apparel and lavish meals out of.

At the end of this run, about seven pieces of bionic body parts were installed, a megascreen TV laid nicely in the center of an enormous rec room, a forbidden suit of power armor with a five digit price tag lay unused, and a stockpile of 30,000 silver and 1,200 gold was left behind with a single pawn.  We could have brought him along, but he married the crafter, had an affair with the builder, dumped the builder, and we decided to "nice boat" him.

he was incapable of putting out fires.  The next Zzzt! could be his last.

Decadence was our drug.
Two tiers of construction jobs.  One for expensive/quality items, and one for walls/floors/etc.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28669.0

PotatoeTater

It's been a few alphas, but back in the day I had a colony named Paradise Falls, and if you know where that name comes from you can guess what our business was. There was only 9 loyal colonists, but we had enough room to house over 30 Prisoners in individual rooms, plus a bunk house that could hold 7 more. We had two dedicated wardens that also were incharge of the food supply. If you can guess, supplying that many prisoners with food would be difficult; however, those that didn't survive past the defenses would rejoin the prisoners as diner. Also, any prisoners that rioted and had a break down would be killed to feed his fellow prisoners as an example. Our wealth was so high we would see 50-60 person tribal raids and easily would have enough leather to craft anything we wanted. Eventually we decided to cryofreeze all of us deep in the mountain, but before the did, we lit the entire place ablaze. Some surviving prisoners lingered, others fleed. We then waited for someone to come along and awaken us to start again.
Life is Strange

Deathawaits4

I am playing with the babymod.. and my people got too many children. Guess what, never had food shortage again. Lucky me that i only took people with cannibal and psychopath trait.. yea lucky me, i had enough other people joining me to get rid of my food shortage :) who said people actually COST food?

Ukas

Quote from: PotatoeTater on January 26, 2017, 01:54:24 PM
It's been a few alphas, but back in the day I had a colony named Paradise Falls, and if you know where that name comes from you can guess what our business was. There was only 9 loyal colonists, but we had enough room to house over 30 Prisoners in individual rooms, plus a bunk house that could hold 7 more. We had two dedicated wardens that also were incharge of the food supply. If you can guess, supplying that many prisoners with food would be difficult; however, those that didn't survive past the defenses would rejoin the prisoners as diner. Also, any prisoners that rioted and had a break down would be killed to feed his fellow prisoners as an example. Our wealth was so high we would see 50-60 person tribal raids and easily would have enough leather to craft anything we wanted. Eventually we decided to cryofreeze all of us deep in the mountain, but before the did, we lite the entire place ablaze. Some surviving prisoners lingered, others fleed. We then waited for someone to come along and awaken us to start again.

Wow! Now I'm thinking vanilla "ancient evil" is not that evil at all.

PotatoeTater

Quote from: Ukas on January 29, 2017, 12:38:19 AM
Quote from: PotatoeTater on January 26, 2017, 01:54:24 PM
It's been a few alphas, but back in the day I had a colony named Paradise Falls, and if you know where that name comes from you can guess what our business was. There was only 9 loyal colonists, but we had enough room to house over 30 Prisoners in individual rooms, plus a bunk house that could hold 7 more. We had two dedicated wardens that also were incharge of the food supply. If you can guess, supplying that many prisoners with food would be difficult; however, those that didn't survive past the defenses would rejoin the prisoners as diner. Also, any prisoners that rioted and had a break down would be killed to feed his fellow prisoners as an example. Our wealth was so high we would see 50-60 person tribal raids and easily would have enough leather to craft anything we wanted. Eventually we decided to cryofreeze all of us deep in the mountain, but before the did, we lite the entire place ablaze. Some surviving prisoners lingered, others fleed. We then waited for someone to come along and awaken us to start again.

Wow! Now I'm thinking vanilla "ancient evil" is not that evil at all.

I actually had someone come along after 8 years and had him open the pods. We cooked him as our first meal xD.
Life is Strange

Barazen

Hey tater.... good work. How goes the second coming?
Anyone else felt their heart break when a pawns marriage falls apart?
Doc & Valarie, I shipped it, she flipped it.