What does aiming time correspond to?

Started by donoya, December 12, 2016, 11:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donoya

I'm playing with mods and have found a really good equipment combination for decreasing aiming time down to 1% (although it should technically be 0% with how the modifiers work out). But what I'm not sure on is what this affects. Does it affect the cooldown or does it affect the warm-up? If it affects both, then I've made my guy downright OP. Although another possibility I thought of is that aiming time is it's own stat that is there in addition to the cooldown and warm-up. But I'm still not sure, so if someone could let me know that'd be great.

ZestyLemons

Aiming time is just the warm-up time. Think of cooldown as recoil/reloading.
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

OFWG

Quote from: ZestyLemons on December 14, 2016, 04:59:40 AM
Aiming time is just the warm-up time. Think of cooldown as recoil/reloading.

This. Think of aiming time as fiddling with the scope, zooming and focusing in on the target (so it should really only apply to the first shot, but w/e).
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

Plymouth

time period when your colonist stands after firing a gun is the recoil recovery period, time spent as warmup ticks is the period during which your pawn aims your weapon and prepares to fire, logically the heavier the weapon the more ticks it takes to train it upon the target.

Barley

Unless Alpha 16 changed something, you should be able to see the aiming process by selecting the pawn (or enemy). The slowly shrinking cone in front of the gun represents the pawn aiming down the sights.

buttflexspireling

Aiming time corresponds to substandard co-percolation.
It's the same for females as it is for males.

donoya

Wow! So many replies. Thanks for the help.