Alpha 16 unstable branch feedback

Started by Tynan, December 12, 2016, 01:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carewolf

I love the new map. Note when I first saw it I instinctively tried to scroll it by right clicking and dragging. After that didn't work I came to the conclusion the map was not scrollable, and didn't figure out I was wrong until I noticed the bottom of the map was warm, and then tried other ways to scroll.

I would suggest implementing drag scroll. It just seems natural on a globe like that, probably learned behavior from other games with a globe.

Wanderer_joins

I don't know if this has been discussed, but haven't the raiders changed? and how do you feel about it?

Edit: in the mean time my two cents on early game: great

You can build a decent base with various bonuses in less than a year with the new room stats.
You have to warm your kitchen/workshops, which is common sense
Bubbles are fun and informative
I had visitors at day 4 having go juice (8x) for sale
The debuff for apparel "worn by a corpse" makes sense, and is an incentive to tailor your own stuff

PerunPerunowy

Im sad we cant make more bases
I wanted to make a whole empire....
A farming base,Mining base,Base where only live artists etc

ReZpawner

I'm just happy that I get to administer drugs to prisoners\patients. Not just for the hilarious "You're hooked on Luciferium" prank, but also for the less psychopathic use, of using them as painkillers.
I do wish that the fuel had more uses though. Such as being able to use it instead of wood in the generator. It seems like something that should be possible.

As for the world map, it feels kinda lackluster at the moment. Probably because my base is faaaaar away from anyone else. The closest outpost is 9 days from me, and it's hostile. Even with the drop-pods, it seems rather pointless to bother with it. Also, leaving your base open to attacks, or letting all the animals starve seem like a silly thing to do, particularly when the rewards are very small for leaving.
Hell, the tribal base near me only had like 300 pemmican and some steel. Guarded by 10+ tribals. It cost me more than that just to get to the place.

Tynan

Thanks for the ongoing feedback everyone. It is helping.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

stefanstr

It took me a long while to figure out how to form a caravan. I expected that by right-clicking a spot on the map, I will have the option to "send a caravan here" and then get the options to form it.

Maybe you could add something like this?

chch88

about beauty change on various items, i assume this was done so you would be motivated to have proper warehouses instead making stockpiles all over you base in corridors and work rooms, one small oversight with this i think items put into equipment rack should lose this negative beauty modifier (since they sort of put away), currently it makes no difference.

carbon

It looks like a (simple) research bench placed outside has both a workspeed modifier and research speed modifier. That's seems like it could be an oversight / bug. At the very least, it's confusing.

Dukkha

It would be nice if you could set your outfits to not include dead persons clothing.

I like the dead mans clothing penalty. I used to not bother with tailoring until mid-late game. That said I personally think there should be a much stronger market value penalty for them. For clothing that makes people want to hide in their room, it sells for pretty top dollar.
Losing is fun!

Tynan

Quote from: Dukkha on December 14, 2016, 11:23:22 AM
It would be nice if you could set your outfits to not include dead persons clothing.

I like the dead mans clothing penalty. I used to not bother with tailoring until mid-late game. That said I personally think there should be a much stronger market value penalty for them. For clothing that makes people want to hide in their room, it sells for pretty top dollar.

The penalty has been changed from 50% off to 90% off.

OFWG

Quote from: Tynan on December 14, 2016, 11:35:26 AM
Quote from: Dukkha on December 14, 2016, 11:23:22 AM

The penalty has been changed from 50% off to 90% off.

What penalty is this? I don't think I've never seen it in many, many hours and dead raiders of play.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

carbon

As of A16, the clothes of dead people now have a selling price penalty as well as a mood de-buff for anyone who picks them up and wears them.

(Or so I gather, haven't actually gotten to the point of testing it in-game)

Tynan

Another day, another update, to 0.16.1387. This one fixes a lot more bugs and addresses some of the design concerns.

Unedited changelog:

Improved caravan forming training with a "send caravan" button which is visible only if untrained, and activates the training.
Fix: Exiting to main menu in permadeath mode causes errors
Fix 2852: Enemy flee message when killing one enemy (now lords don't transition states in the same action as they remove themselves.)
Fix 2853: Can't 'Clear All' when customising a bill at a crafting spot/table
Fix 2856: Ship Parts can be deconstructed
Fix: Spacers 'fleeing' after each casualty
Fix: Rec Room Mood Buff Stacking
Fix: Errors thrown on Architect Items for Value, Beauty, Comfort
It's now impossible to ally with a faction you're attacking.
Fix: NullReferenceException reinstalling gun turret
Revert: Ancient shrines no longer spawn on maps with faction bases.
Fix: Downed attackers from failed raids can eventually get back up by self-healing - but they just wander around. Now they flee the map.
Ancient shrines no longer spawn on maps with faction bases.
Fix: Inspect pane text slightly cut off.
Added SymbolResolver_AncientTemple to public source files.
Generate more faction bases.
Instead of randomly choosing a journey offer distance between 200 and 400 tiles, we now maximize journey offer traversal distance, up to 800 tiles maximum.
Abandoned structure walls can no longer use plasteel as their stuff.
It's now possible to jump to world targets by right clicking on the colonist bar.
Fix: Mechanoids heal.
Fix: When loading transport pods colonists sometimes load 1 pod overfull and leave others empty.
Fix: Pawns bring too many resources to frames

Alenerel

Did you change how the info window is closed? It seems more persistent now, and more annoying.

Tynan

Quote from: Alenerel on December 14, 2016, 01:34:04 PM
Did you change how the info window is closed? It seems more persistent now, and more annoying.

What "info window"? How can a window "seem more persistent" exactly? I'm so confused.