Alpha 16 unstable branch feedback

Started by Tynan, December 12, 2016, 01:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReZpawner

Was it intended that we can no longer deconstruct siege-bases? If so, could you provide us with some way of destroying them that doesn't include 20 minutes worth of bombardment with mortars?

Alenerel

The tab when you select a pawn. The tabs at the bottom left of the screen health, skills, social, etc. It seems like before it closed doing some things like selecting a non pawn thing but now it persists until you directly close it with the X.

JimmyAgnt007

Quote from: ReZpawner on December 14, 2016, 01:43:44 PM
Was it intended that we can no longer deconstruct siege-bases? If so, could you provide us with some way of destroying them that doesn't include 20 minutes worth of bombardment with mortars?

I dont think its intended, but if you turn on dev mode and use god mode, then you can deconstruct it.

Klaatu

Quote from: Tynan on December 14, 2016, 01:30:56 PM
Generate more faction bases.

Does this mean generation only upon map creation, or do faction bases generate/regenerate over time as well? Whether a fixed number or increasing number of faction bases, eventually the player is going to run out if they're the raider type. It'd be really nice if this is generating additional faction bases over time.

More about raiding other faction bases: Upon the first time getting the "you have 24 hrs to leave" after the faction base pawns flee / get killed, a message saying to use form caravan would be nice.

Tynan

Quote from: ReZpawner on December 14, 2016, 01:43:44 PM

This sounds like a bug. I'll have to look at it.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Zhentar

Tynan, could you clarify the intended behavior of animals eating random ingestibles (and how you want players to respond to it)? You posted in the bug thread for it "Keep your drugs behind doors!" but animals will go through non-forbidden doors and leave their allowed areas to eat drugs.

CodeRen

Quote from: Zhentar on December 14, 2016, 02:02:21 PM
Tynan, could you clarify the intended behavior of animals eating random ingestibles (and how you want players to respond to it)? You posted in the bug thread for it "Keep your drugs behind doors!" but animals will go through non-forbidden doors and leave their allowed areas to eat drugs.

Yeah my muffalo ate luciferium D:

They just eat it what do I do?

ReZpawner

Quote from: CodeRen on December 14, 2016, 02:10:27 PM
Quote from: Zhentar on December 14, 2016, 02:02:21 PM

Yeah my muffalo ate luciferium D:

They just eat it what do I do?

I'm going to create an invincible army of drugged out chickens on luciferium and go juice. It's going to be biblical.

terheyden

Re: persistent info window:

- select a colonist, then open the "health" pane, for example
- now click away or hit escape
- select another colonist

- in A15, it shows basic info about the second colonist
- in A16, now, the "health" pane is shown again

I agree, it is really annoying.

RemingtonRyder

A bit of feedback about the changes to plague from A15 to A16.

Basically, by the time you discover plague, it's already quite severe (greater than 0.400) and colonists haven't had any medical treatment to help them recover. I found that in this scenario, immunity lags behind quite a bit even with prompt tending.

Klaatu

Since it is graphical gui view, can we get the research be goal oriented queued? i.e. click at the end of a chain, and it'll try to research everything before that in sequence?

Alenerel

Quote from: terheyden on December 14, 2016, 06:44:33 PM
Re: persistent info window:

- select a colonist, then open the "health" pane, for example
- now click away or hit escape
- select another colonist

- in A15, it shows basic info about the second colonist
- in A16, now, the "health" pane is shown again

I agree, it is really annoying.

You described it correctly. I noticed something wrong but couldnt tell what exactly was.

carbon

The "Repair tab is now Construction" thing is going to be a major pain for me if it doesn't get reverted. 
Having priority 1 repairers to gradually reinforce the outer doors was a key part of staying alive if you don't use turrets / killboxes.

The simplification is comparable to if Firefighting was made low priority Construction. Might as well not be an automated job priority at all.

With that gone and the major upgrade to wound downtime, this alpha is going to be micromanagement hell for anyone who doesn't killbox.
---
Or so I foresee. I can't actually get into the mid-game with the daily version upgrading.

RemingtonRyder

Repairing is still higher priority within the Construction job though.

Alenerel

Quote from: carbon on December 14, 2016, 09:28:59 PM
The "Repair tab is now Construction" thing is going to be a major pain for me if it doesn't get reverted. 
Having priority 1 repairers to gradually reinforce the outer doors was a key part of staying alive if you don't use turrets / killboxes.

The simplification is comparable to if Firefighting was made low priority Construction. Might as well not be an automated job priority at all.

With that gone and the major upgrade to wound downtime, this alpha is going to be micromanagement hell for anyone who doesn't killbox.
---
Or so I foresee. I can't actually get into the mid-game with the daily version upgrading.

Not only that. I usually have everyone who is a bit skilled in construction with 1 in repair, even if they arent assigned to construction, so when I get attacked, everything gets up again ASAP, instead of giving all those repairing jobs to just my always busy dedicated builders. This is because repairing is critical, there are a lot of things to repair after a raid and also because the skill doesnt affect the result, not like building things from nothing.

However this last phrase I said might be the whole reason. I mean, its not fair that your guys who have no idea of building can repair things as good as a level 20 builder. At least not without costing something, like the micromanagement pain... But at same time leaves you very vulnerable as you said, without using turrets or having more than 1-2 dedicated guys.