Alpha 16 unstable branch feedback

Started by Tynan, December 12, 2016, 01:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blastoderm

Maybe make modern weapon cost much much higher than neolithic and medieval ones.

MikeLemmer

Quote from: carbon on December 15, 2016, 07:41:03 AM
Mike, what you described sounds exactly like previous alphas.

That's precisely why inferno cannons have long been the stuff of nightmares.

Nah, IIRC in previous alphas, colonists on fire would eventually put themselves out; them running out of cover for a bit was punishment enough. This alpha, he started out as On Fire (30), ran out of the fire, reached On Fire (60) before he went into shock, and had reached On Fire (110) before a pirate kidnapped him, which immediately extinguished the fire on him.

MikeLemmer

Also, has anyone else noticed a severe dearth of colonists who can Clean or Haul? I just imploded a colony where only 1 of the 6 colonists could Clean/Haul; I figured it was either due to bad luck or it being on Intense difficulty until someone else on Discord complained they were having trouble getting Cleaners/Haulers on Peaceful difficulty, too.

carbon

Quote from: MikeLemmer on December 15, 2016, 09:47:53 AM
... colonists on fire would eventually put themselves out ...

They still put themselves out, it just takes a bit (RNG-based, I assume). I just watched a pawn do it in 0.16.1387.

The other mechanics you mentioned (fire increasing while running and going out upon rescue), are standard pre-A16 stuff. I used to hunt boomalope and that's consistently what one would see while doing it (mainly it was the boomalopes on fire, thankfully).

It's possible there's a minor tweak in there somewhere (exact timing, RNG, etc), but the fundamentals really aren't new.

Alenerel

Did the works bed rest and patient chang?

I have everyone set to patient 1 and bed rest 2, while having some work like construction in 1. My builder had several wounds that needed bandage and he instead choose to keep building. I drafted-undrafted him but he still went to construct. Then I put bed rest 1 and he went to rest to bed.

I would think that anyone with any need for treatment would go to medical bed, while bed rest would make them stay after getting treated.

Grishnerf

Quote from: Alenerel on December 15, 2016, 10:59:20 AM

I have everyone set to patient 1 and bed rest 2, while having some work like construction in 1. My builder had several wounds that needed bandage and he instead choose to keep building. I drafted-undrafted him but he still went to construct. Then I put bed rest 1 and he went to rest to bed.

I would think that anyone with any need for treatment would go to medical bed, while bed rest would make them stay after getting treated.

Patient is only for surgery/operations.
bed rest is for all sickness/bloodloss and sleeping.

Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

Seinne

Is it me, or are guest beds gone? I can't seem to find the option to make any. I wanted to check here before I post it in the bugs forum in case I missed something.

Also, when did Rimworld go pg13? t seems to be a lot of naked pawns running around, both on creation and visitors, wanders, and raiders!

Grishnerf

Quote from: Seinne on December 15, 2016, 11:12:20 AM
Is it me, or are guest beds gone? I can't seem to find the option to make any. I wanted to check here before I post it in the bugs forum in case I missed something.

hospitality mod
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

Alenerel

Quote from: Grishnerf on December 15, 2016, 11:11:43 AM
Quote from: Alenerel on December 15, 2016, 10:59:20 AM

Patient is only for surgery/operations.
bed rest is for all sickness/bloodloss and sleeping.

Was it like this before? Honestly I prefer them to get their injuries treated but continue working after that.

Serenity

Even with patient and bed rest set to high, pawns just love to get up and round around. Has always been like that.

Seinne

Quote from: Grishnerf on December 15, 2016, 11:15:49 AM
Quote from: Seinne on December 15, 2016, 11:12:20 AM

hospitality mod

See that's why I posted here first. Been playing with that mod so long I consider it core....

Tynan

Thanks for the info everyone. I can't respond to everything but I am considering all of it.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Hatti

The dead mans cloth mechanic is a bit mhm.. stupid in my opinion. It makes the apparel nearly useless.
If you know, anyone will die from infection/disease you have to strip him before he dies otherwise his apparel is worthless.
Same with raids: Now you have to punch the raiders out instead of killing them to gain the apparel. Raiders who are downed needs to be stripped right on the battleflied.

The pawns are fighting for their lives and all they have do think about is that they wear cloths from a dead man? Even if they cant know that this are cloths from a dead one.

Another thing is the bleed out rate. On a long fight, you dont have any time to tend the new prisoners cause they bleed out during fight or tending. I know, anyone who got shot 4 times will bleed like a waterfall, but this is ridiculous. Half of the colony have to be medics if you had a really tough fight.
Same with pets: A pet only run is now nearly impossible cause half of them will just bleed to death. Tending needs too much time now and your unable to tend all pets in time with this bleedout rate

now with the tending quality, a "first aid" solution would be nice. Stops bleedings fast, but the tending quality is very bad and infection rate is high. Should be possible to tend again afterwards to improve the tend quality and reduce infection rate

Alenerel

Was the auto healing when downed fixed in the last patch? I ask because I have seen some raiders getting up and fleeing and some wild animals too.

Grishnerf

Quote from: Alenerel on December 15, 2016, 12:41:46 PM
Was the auto healing when downed fixed in the last patch? I ask because I have seen some raiders getting up and fleeing and some wild animals too.

i think this is kinda a nice feature. (even if it is not intended :D )
if the raiders are not injured that bad, they should be able to recover from the "shock".

i'm up to 5 years in my current colony on a16 and have seen this happen twice.
one time on a raider , one time on a mechanoid. (damaged Software can reboot ! :D )

only thing i would complain about is that instead of always recover and fleeing, they should also have a Chance
to try to pick up their weapon (or any other near weapon) and attack again.

but maybe it is just me.
but it would make long battles sometimes more tricky if one raider gets up again and suddenly he tries to pick up a weapon in your storage room and takes a completely different path than the other raiders and flanks you.

(hope it is not a bug)
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist