Alpha 16 unstable branch feedback

Started by Tynan, December 12, 2016, 01:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grishnerf

Raiders from Sieges still try to build unfinished stuff of older Sieges.
they send only one worker at a time.
so you can kill them like Lemmings, all trying to build that damn sandbag in the opposite Corner of the map.
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

Tynan

Updated to 0.16.1388!

Form caravan command icon muffalo now has pack on.
Fix: BreadthFirstTraverse with null root region when meleeing hive to death
Fix: Plants die to due to cold despite it being warm
Fix UI scale fix Screen size -> UI size
Fix: Modding a minifiedDef onto work benches causes warning spam
Fix: Mechanoids try to wear clothes in very cold weather
Made it so you can't set a UI scale so large that the UI won't fit on your screen any more.
Game will no longer crash if drawing UI under minimum resolution (as when UI scale is too high).
Ambush end message clarified.
Fix: Dying crop alert too often. 15 second delay -> 240 second delay.
Added sell price factor on weapons of 20% to compensate for the number of free ones you get from raids.
Fix: Unity assets memory leak when pressing "Back" after generating a planet
Fix: Rare null ref in turret target finding when manning pawn is killed.
ITabs now automatically close if you create a selection where they can't be displayed.
Faction bases now have 10% more combat points.
DamageInfo.SetForcedHitPart() is now public.
Caravans no longer drink beer when hungry. Caravans now eat DesperateOnly food only when starving.
ResolveParams now allows using custom named parameters.
Fix 2817: Fire sustainer was null at lightning strike location
Maps are now "closed" when there are no more spawned player pawns (instead of spawned+unspawned). Pawns that are left on a map which is owned by a hostile faction are now automatically kidnapped.
Ancient shrines no longer spawn on maps with faction bases.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Steam Squirrel

Mr. Dr. Tynann,
I am using steam and the unstable branch. When I open Rim world, everything works fine. I choose storyteller, generate a world choose a spot, choose colonists, then I hit start and normally it would show the area I landed, instead it shows all the UI, and nothing else. Whenever I open a tab, then close it, the tab closes, but where it was turns into like a blue and shadow of it.(see picture)
Love the game. Please fix.Thanks
                      -Anonymous

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Tynan

Quote from: Jpthechub on December 15, 2016, 03:17:04 PM
Mr. Dr. Tynann,
I am using steam and the unstable branch. When I open Rim world, everything works fine. I choose storyteller, generate a world choose a spot, choose colonists, then I hit start and normally it would show the area I landed, instead it shows all the UI, and nothing else. Whenever I open a tab, then close it, the tab closes, but where it was turns into like a blue and shadow of it.(see picture)
                      -Anonymous

Can you please post your log file? Find it in your RimWorld install folder, as RimWorld_Data/output_log

carbon

Unless I've somehow missed it, it would be really handy if the info tab lists whether or not a colonist / animal can carry things in a caravan and how much.

It's frustrating to train a Retriever to haul, only to find it can't (apparently) serve as a pack animal in your caravan.

Tynan

Quote from: carbon on December 15, 2016, 04:05:01 PM
Unless I've somehow missed it, it would be really handy if the info tab lists whether or not a colonist / animal can carry things in a caravan and how much.

It's frustrating to train a Retriever to haul, only to find it can't (apparently) serve as a pack animal in your caravan.

Good thought.

Ashiver

If colonists are going to be upset about wearing dead people's clothing, we could really use a setting in the outfit management tab to disallow wearing dead people's things.  It's rather frustrating to make them take it off and know that I can't unforbid it lest they or someone else potentially rewear it.  Also, I personally feel that a dead guy's stuff should lose the debuff after awhile, one day you will wake up and it won't look like a corpse's tuque, it'll look like your tuque.  Some colonists should careless or not at all to begin with as well, and of course some colonists should care more or refuse outright. 

In terms of UI, I think simply tacking a D onto the end of the name isn't ideal.  I think you would be better off with a color change of the name to red or some other color.  When the trader showed up the first thing I wanted to do was sell everything that could give a debuff that I didn't absolutely need, but every item has a different length name, some include their % causing further variance, ultimately meaning I was hunting for a "D" as if it were a column when it's not.  A font color difference would have made the sorting far easier.

Tynan

Colonists should try quite hard to avoid wearing deadman's clothes automatically, obviating the need to lock these out, but I just realized there are cases where they won't, so I'll address that.

tonsrd

-Is it possible to fully take over the world ( kill all bases ? ) end a faction / kill all bases of one faction ?

-Drugs need w8's / Price's reviewing again ( Go-Juice worth more than Yayo both 1kg each, luci 0.07kg each etc )

-is a caravan's move speed affected by the slowest moving pawn ( colonist or muffalo ) ?
- Can bionic legs speed up Caravan/Pawn World move speed ? (faster move speed means less food needed - leg-Injury = more food )...

Would it be possible for users to create a base/base design in dev mode to submit to forums / dev to use in the world. ( or a custom website portal  )

( player content = more bases / different designs would Decrease / Increase work for dev as designs need to be reviewed before enter'd into the game / world ) , eg: mods add custom factions and custom bases ...

[spoiler] in KSP players can design a ship/aircraft/boat and upload it to a site for others to download/review. Rimworld could do the same with bases designs [/spoiler]
added spoiler tag coz I spoke of another game/website

- feel free to delete this whole post

carbon

Did the name generation for factions change recently? I don't remember them getting quite that long.

Maybe abbreviations or word wrapping would be appropriate.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Kajin

Alright. I popped in and started a new game. First thing I did was go in and fight a raider outpost. Managed to down a few of them and chase away the rest. Destroyed my old settlement and claimed this as my own. Turned one of the rooms into a prison for the raiders I downed, but none of my colonists would capture them. Even when the message that an accessible prison bed wasn't available didn't pop up they still refused.

Steam Squirrel

Quote from: Tynan on December 15, 2016, 03:22:01 PM
Quote from: Jpthechub on December 15, 2016, 03:17:04 PM
Mr. Dr. Tynann,
                      -Anonymous

Can you please post your log file? Find it in your RimWorld install folder, as RimWorld_Data/output_log
I tried but it exceeds 2000 characters. Is there any other way?

Alenerel

attach the file to the post. its under the text box where you write.

Steam Squirrel

Quote from: Alenerel on December 15, 2016, 07:23:47 PM
attach the file to the post. its under the text box where you write.
Thanks.

It said the atachment was too big.  :'(

keylocke

when i see a raider, my initial reaction is this.

that's a nice hat. i like that hat. i think that hat is mine now.

no debuff.

but i guess the main reason why Ty added the distinction with dead people's stuff is coz he wants players to focus more on crafting and trading rather than looting.