(A16 Unstable) Minor issue with "Allowed age range"

Started by Gibson8088, December 13, 2016, 07:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gibson8088

Found a very minor issue when playing with the Scenario Editor regarding age ranges.  I discovered that you will never get the MIN or MAX value set by the scenario.  I tested this on a couple of narrow ranges: 15 - 19 and 56 - 60.  After many clicks of the Randomize button I only ever got the numbers in-between; never got a 15, 19, 56 or 60.

Only other item of note I experienced while testing this were a number of the following error:
"Could not generate a pawn after 70 tries. Last error: Generated pawn doesn't meet scenario requirements. Ignoring scenario requirement."

I know this is a minor issue, but since it's still a bug I thought it should be reported.

Illusion Distort

The game is unable to create pawns with the specified agerange, and ignores it if it is unable to generate a pawn after 70 tries it seems.

The way the age range works is by setting the range. This means that the game is basically saying "create a pawn with age higher than x, and lower than y" x and y will not be within this range.

Not exactly a bug in my opinion, but maybe there should be som more clarity as to how it works?

Tynan

Appreciated, but with all that's going on I'm gonna let this one go for now :)

Thanks.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog