tweak the amount of gay people please

Started by alsoandanswer, December 14, 2016, 06:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsoandanswer

i always have a bunch of sad gay people trying to flirt with everyone but they ALWAYS get rebuffed...

either increase the amount of gay people so they will hook up, or decrease it so there's less sad gay people

"If I quote some smart guy, then therefore I should be smart myself!" -alsoandanswer

keylocke

you can change that in the scenario editor with forced traits.

i actually made a colony of lesbian cannibals once.. fun times. haha.

Harold3456

I don't think the gayness is the problem - I'd suggest the "rebuff debuff" as a whole should be reworked. Straight colonists get rejected far more than gay ones (based on numbers alone) and more often than not it's a colonist with a history of repeated rebuffs who ends up going into sad wanders or going totally berserk.

I'd say either have the colonists stop making moves multiple times a day, make the rebuff debuff decay much quicker, or reduce the value on it from -5 to -1.

newboerg

I think the debuff is quite good.
think of the following situation:
You are straight, strandet on a planet with a whole bunch of hot lesbians.
I mean you would be ok for a few months, but after a few years you would certainly have the need for ***.
So you would aproach one of the girls eventually and... be rejectet. this happens everytime you try. Eventually you will start to feel sad about this i promise.

same with gay people, because you know their people too.

Yoso

Quote from: newboerg on December 15, 2016, 06:01:58 AM
I think the debuff is quite good.
think of the following situation:
I mean you would be ok for a few months, but after a few years you would certainly have the need for ***.
So you would aproach one of the girls eventually and... be rejectet. this happens everytime you try. Eventually you will start to feel sad about this i promise.

same with gay people, because you know their people too.

That's not a hypothetical situation, it's a problem that happens in the game. I reroll lesbians because male colonists insistently hit on them and are consistently surprised and upset that they're still lesbians.

Thirite

If you have the nerve to ask a lesbian out not once, not twice, but repeatedly, I think she has the right to kick you in the balls for being a stupid asshole.

keylocke

i dunno about that. i know some lesbians from college who became bi, then straight, and then married to some dude.

i think some people just like to sexperiment.

Thirite

Women are known to go through changes in sexual preference from puberty to mid twenties. I just assumed we're talking about grown adults.

faltonico

...I think the debuff is quite good....

But it stacks ridiculously high, and pawns are just idiots doing the same thing over and over AND over again.
I find myself appealing too much in mods to change pretty much all the nonsense in this game.

MikeLemmer

I agree, the problem is with how frequently they ask (and get rebuffed). You would think they would at least wait a week before asking again (or wait until they know them better) but no, I have colonists with 6x Rebuff Debuffs on the 2nd day. When there's still just 3 colonists, which means they asked at least one person multiple times on the same day. They not only have a libido that would put a nymphomaniac to shame, they also have the short-term memory of a goldfish.

Konscience

Quote from: Thirite on December 15, 2016, 09:58:47 PM
Women are known to go through changes in sexual preference from puberty to mid twenties.

Not only women, mind you ^^

Lightzy

Most of the pawns I roll are aged 60-90 so I never had the problem if hot lesbian planet :/
Sad times