Question about attacking other factions..

Started by BoogieMan, December 17, 2016, 01:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoogieMan

I read one of the new features in A16 is the ability to attack other faction's bases and even destroy the faction. This is very cool. However.. Is there, or could there be, an option for new factions to arise after a period of time so you never run out of action?

I'd imagine that unless you want it as such so you have another way of giving yourself a condition to "win" the game, you'll want the other factions around to interact with. Being able to take them out is great, but if it means there won't be any raider attacks then that is not so good. Also, if they regenerate over time it'll give you new reasons to go around and do more raiding.

O Negative

If you let the computer take some time to generate a full planet (100%), you'll have plenty of bases to take out before you get bored, haha. The world is impressively massive, and I'm so happy I let my computer take its time :)

I can understand how this might be an issue for smaller world generations though. Eventually, though, you're going to run out of space on the map for factions to spawn. So, you run into a limit, regardless. I've only ever done one raid on other factions in the unstable branch, and it was decently difficult (for me); but that could just be because I haven't been playing much lately.

In the end, I think you'll run out of colonists before you run out of bases to raid. But, again, I could be wrong :)

Elixiar

"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

tonsrd

Quote from: Elixiar on December 17, 2016, 03:23:32 AM
How long does world generation take?

depends on your compu ter / hdd/sdd

I saw 3 live streamers load 100% maps in 1-2mins .

ive not tried unstable yet. so only info I have is from watch'ing others.