Armor Deterioration

Started by galadyn, December 15, 2016, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

galadyn

I just started playing this game and spent couple days to get my crafter skill to 20 and started making power armor. After about 10 or so runs which each run takes around 2-3days (in-game)to finish. I was able to craft 3 masterwork and sell the rest so i could keep making more. Got into a raid and gave my 3 best fighters the armor after the fight there armor was below 80% the fight last only a few minutes if that. I fail to find the point in power armor or any armor for that matter if there only good for a fight or 2. This was a fight verse very weak enemies. I image if a piece of a ship fell it would only last that one fight. My guys had sand bags as well. This for w/e reason THIS killed the game for me maybe its all the work for very little reward. I'd rather just spend the money on a few slaves to use as meat shields while the good guys kill the enemies. it would be about 500% cheaper more or less and a hell of a lot less work. Give us a way to repair stuff in this game. We can build crazy armor but have no idea how to use a wielder to repair it? I get it will never be 100% again but u should be able to repair armor to 99% then 98% then 97% etc.

TL;DR Give us a way to repair armor.

Plymouth

Quote from: galadyn on December 15, 2016, 12:54:43 AM
I just started playing this game and spent couple days to get my crafter skill to 20 and started making power armor. After about 10 or so runs which each run takes around 2-3days (in-game)to finish. I was able to craft 3 masterwork and sell the rest so i could keep making more. Got into a raid and gave my 3 best fighters the armor after the fight there armor was below 80% the fight last only a few minutes if that. I fail to find the point in power armor or any armor for that matter if there only good for a fight or 2. This was a fight verse very weak enemies. I image if a piece of a ship fell it would only last that one fight. My guys had sand bags as well. This for w/e reason THIS killed the game for me maybe its all the work for very little reward. I'd rather just spend the money on a few slaves to use as meat shields while the good guys kill the enemies. it would be about 500% cheaper more or less and a hell of a lot less work. Give us a way to repair stuff in this game. We can build crazy armor but have no idea how to use a wielder to repair it? I get it will never be 100% again but u should be able to repair armor to 99% then 98% then 97% etc.

TL;DR Give us a way to repair armor.

if you have a person who can build power armor, surely they should be able to repair it... right? But about durability I think it's pretty reasonable, since in real world bullet resistant vests only last so much, with each successive shot taken degrading their bullet resistivity more and more.

RawCode

in real world bullet vests are single use, just like motocycle helmets and many other things.

Serenity

A fully bionic fighter with legendary power armor and sword can be beaten by a mob of naked, one-armed, peg-legged people:

https://youtu.be/KiTMKnBpIcc?t=72

After that the armor and clothing is down to the 20% range

newboerg

@serenety:
I think you have a wrong imagination about armor in general.
Armor is NOT a Tank like vehicle. to be wearable there have to be "soft" spots, and those can be exploited.
In addition EVERY military Obstacle (Knight in Power Armor, Tank, Bunker etc.) can be overcome with sheer numbers, if you dont care how many men you loose.

galadyn

The biggest problem i have with armor is how much time u need to put into it verse how long it last. Just simply doesn't seem worth it at this point unless u wanna sell them, they do sell nicely. Im just gonna buy to slaves for 1k a pop and feed them for a bit. Then send them head first into the enemy until they fix power armor. Its literally a better return. I can sell armor instead of using it and use the loads of money left over to buy slaves. Hell before i send them in to die i can take there lung and kidney and get 1/2 ur money back. Apparently this is how the devs want the game played ;) Either way this is a fun game just ruins my dream of having a professional army.

I also watched that vid something needs changing.

faltonico

If you don't want to wait for Tynan to implement this, you can use Mending in the mean time.
If you would like to wait, I recommend you to wait while seated, it could take a while.

schizmo

Honestly this has been my biggest gripe with armor, I don't even bother with power armor I just try to stick to kevlar and even that, at times, feels like a let down. I basically have a revolving door of armor creation going at all times, but such is life I suppose. It would be nice to be able to mend armor and clothes, even if it was only partly effective (so that eventually no matter what they will still wind up falling apart)

Anxarcule

Didn't see this thread, but I just made a thread with my suggestion for repairing armor/weapons/apparel and structure's in general, in what I believe would be balanced - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28228.0

keylocke

the secret to armor is to NOT get hit.

seriously, get shield bait brawlers. your gunners can go naked and be fine in a gunfight as long as you have enough shield baits behind full cover to distract the enemies.

---

next suggestion is to NEVER wear armor unless necessary. that's what the outfits are for. i got outfit for workers, outfit for gunners, and outfit for brawlers.

then i only switch to combat outfit for the people that would actually participate in battle. after battle, i quickly switch them back to worker's outfit. coz apparels slowly deteriorate while being worn, and they deteriorate even faster when getting burned.

---

that aside, i also support armor repairs, gun repairs, shield repairs, etc..

it would also be cool to be able to craft bionics and personal shields.

Thyme

I don't use different outfits for combat and work because it takes way too long for my pawns to change. Currently playing on the smallest map (flat) and I barely make it to my defenses. Last map was a mountainous boreal forrest, had lots of time usually (snow + marsh ^^)
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak