[A16] DeadMansClothing (V 0.16.1)

Started by Hatti, December 15, 2016, 12:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatti

DeadMansClothing - Who cares about cloths from a dead pawn?

Description:

You dont like to punch out the raiders to get usefull cloth? Someone died by a raid or infection with a newly crafted legendary powerarmor and now it gives bad mood?

Our pawns fight for their lives and they dont have better things to do than complain about wearing cloths from a dead man? NOT ANYMORE!

With this mod, apparel wont get marked with the big "D" anymore which marks apparel that its from a dead man.

Compability
The mod detours Apparel.Notify_Stripped
This mod is save compatible, but it wont alter already marked apparel.

Author
Hatti

Download
Dropbox
Steam Workshop

Changelog

V 0.16.1
- Initial release.

How to install:

Non Steam:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Special credits and thanks:
Authors from CCL for some nice code snippets

SteelRev

Instead of removing it outright,  modding in a washing machine or similar building to "clean" the apperal. I know I wouldn't want a dead man's shirt without it being cleaned first.

Didact04

I don't think giving it a good wash will remove the bullet holes.

Hatti

better brainwash the pawns who cant knew that cloths are from dead man, so they forget its from dead man :o

Adalah217

Quote from: SteelRev on December 16, 2016, 06:37:10 PM
Instead of removing it outright,  modding in a washing machine or similar building to "clean" the apperal.

That's a good idea! I couldn't make that kind of mod myself, but maybe it will show up eventually. At the very least, we will be able to recycle the apparel once other mods update.

Quote from: Didact04 on December 16, 2016, 11:08:47 PM

Although to be fair, any colonist that gets into a fight with raiders will have bullet holes in their clothes, and they don't seem to mind wearing those up to a point (hitpoints already decease upon taking damage, so a "wash" wouldn't fix the hitpoints, just the "gross" factor represented by the debuff).

OFWG

I'm in, the dead man clothes debuff is one of the dumbest ideas (in a fairly long list) that has come along to ruin a fun little game. :)
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

Etherdreamer

I normally play with psychopaths, so never was aware of this "Dead man" debuff" lol

But yeah there it´s a lot of stuff like this that don´t fit in a logic of survival mentality.

Daguest

Quote from: Didact04 on December 16, 2016, 11:08:47 PM
"Bullet holes" and combat damage to the clothing is represented by the usually low durability of dropped gear.

gendalf

imo dead man's should be removed only for the armor/helmets/shields just like it is for weapons - who cares that it was warn by a corpse, it can save your life. - add an option for this pls.
The rest of the clothing should be recycled: 1 or 2.

shadowstitch

Thanks for this, another necessary mod to undo some totally needless additions.

Oh sure, we don't have sand for sandbags or glass, or water for drinking/cleaning/bathing, or plumbing for sinks and bathrooms, or even fences for animals, but we sure do have a comprehensive drug production feature and tainted clothes!

Sometimes Tynan's development priorities baffle me.

Devon_v

Quote from: shadowstitch on April 15, 2017, 03:07:08 PM
Thanks for this, another necessary mod to undo some totally needless additions.

Oh sure, we don't have sand for sandbags or glass, or water for drinking/cleaning/bathing, or plumbing for sinks and bathrooms, or even fences for animals, but we sure do have a comprehensive drug production feature and tainted clothes!

Sometimes Tynan's development priorities baffle me.

Adding one flag to an item is approximately 748% easier than adding an entirely new gameplay system.

Drugs, mechanically, are just diseases caused by consumable items. Crafting them is the same as crafting anything else. Hence, easy.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: Devon_v on April 15, 2017, 03:20:23 PM
Drugs, mechanically, are just diseases caused by consumable items. Crafting them is the same as crafting anything else. Hence, easy.

So would it be easy to make an event that sometimes when a consumable item is going to give food poisoning, instead it gets the colonist high?
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Devon_v

Quote from: AngleWyrm on April 15, 2017, 03:28:55 PM

Quote from: Devon_v on April 15, 2017, 03:20:23 PM

So would it be easy to make an event that sometimes when a consumable item is going to give food poisoning, instead it gets the colonist high?
I've never tried, but I presume you just substitute the smokeleaf HeDiff.

GideonHidolka

Quote from: Etherdreamer on December 17, 2016, 06:11:47 PM
I normally play with psychopaths, so never was aware of this "Dead man" debuff" lol

But yeah there it´s a lot of stuff like this that don´t fit in a logic of survival mentality.

You have to remember, its a survival situation with average Joes for the most part. Most people would be a creeped out by it

SpaceDorf

Quote from: GideonHidolka on April 15, 2017, 05:51:10 PM

You have to remember, its a survival situation with average Joes for the most part. Most people would be a creeped out by it

The question is, how long would they be ..
Maybe a Staggered Approach to the Dead Man debuff would be a good Idea.
Dead Friendlies matter more than dead enemies ..
"This was Blackies Jacket .. I miss him .. -6"
"That asshole tried to kill me, it's mine now .. -2 "
"Before I freeze my ass of, I rather wear this bloody Parka .. 0 "
"It still has Blood on it .. i Love it so much +4" - Bloodlust pawn.

And / Or a mechanic were the pawn become accustomed to the clothes,
like joy or a drug habit.
And maybe even a ownership mechanic like in DF, where the Pawns actually claim stuff for themselves.

I know it's a bit much for the scope of this mod .. just some thoughts that came out, when I started typing.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.