[1.5] HugsLib (11.0.3) Lightweight modding library

Started by UnlimitedHugs, December 15, 2016, 02:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rawrfisher

I knew the update broke what the hack i just didnt know where to suggest they start looking
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Canute

Many mod's use hugslib.
So when you just get the error from one mod (in this time easy to see and find) just mention it at these mods.
If multiple mod's get trouble with hugslib i think the error message would be different.

But in case you realy have no cluse, report it at both mod topics ! :-)

rawrfisher

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.LordToil_Siege.CanBeBuilder (Verse.Pawn p) [0x0000c] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\AI\Lord\LordToil\LordToil_Siege.cs:258
  at RimWorld.LordToil_Siege+<UpdateAllDuties>c__AnonStorey2.<>m__1 (Verse.Pawn pa) [0x0001d] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\AI\Lord\LordToil\LordToil_Siege.cs:211
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[Verse.Pawn].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Pawn].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x0001a] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:128
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Pawn]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00025] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:65
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[Pawn] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenCollection.TryRandomElement[Pawn] (IEnumerable`1 source, Verse.Pawn& result) [0x0004a] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Gen\GenCollection.cs:99
  at RimWorld.LordToil_Siege.UpdateAllDuties () [0x00182] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\AI\Lord\LordToil\LordToil_Siege.cs:211
  at RimWorld.LordToil_Siege.LordToilTick () [0x0002e] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\AI\Lord\LordToil\LordToil_Siege.cs:305
  at Verse.AI.Group.Lord.LordTick () [0x00018] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Group\Lord.cs:327
  at Verse.AI.Group.LordManager.LordManagerTick () [0x00015] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Group\LordManager.cs:41
  at Verse.Map.MapPostTick () [0x000e6] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Map\Map.cs:581
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
Verse.Map:MapPostTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Map\Map.cs:582)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:358)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:267)
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Game.cs:512)
Verse.Root_Play:Update() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Play.cs:99)

I read over this a couple times and cant find the cultprit mod.  Could I get some help finding who to report this to?
The error itself  auto corrects after a bit and can be fixed by simply hitting unforbid everything when using allow tool

https://git.io/fN1gU  My output log
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Roolo

Hi UnlimitedHugs,

I'm adding HugslibChecker to one of my Rimworld v0.19 projects, and I downloaded the latest HugsLibChecker (for Hugslib 5.x). When I tested it, I noticed that the download button that pops up when a user hasn't installed HugsLib still points to HugsLib v4.x, which is for B18. Because of this, end-users will end up downloading the wrong HugsLib version. Could you take a look at it?

Quote from: rawrfisher on August 06, 2018, 10:19:03 AM

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.LordToil_Siege.CanBeBuilder (Verse.Pawn p) [0x0000c] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\AI\Lord\LordToil\LordToil_Siege.cs:258
  at RimWorld.LordToil_Siege+<UpdateAllDuties>c__AnonStorey2.<>m__1 (Verse.Pawn pa) [0x0001d] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\AI\Lord\LordToil\LordToil_Siege.cs:211
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[Verse.Pawn].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Pawn].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x0001a] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:128
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Pawn]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00025] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:65
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[Pawn] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenCollection.TryRandomElement[Pawn] (IEnumerable`1 source, Verse.Pawn& result) [0x0004a] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Gen\GenCollection.cs:99
  at RimWorld.LordToil_Siege.UpdateAllDuties () [0x00182] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\AI\Lord\LordToil\LordToil_Siege.cs:211
  at RimWorld.LordToil_Siege.LordToilTick () [0x0002e] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\AI\Lord\LordToil\LordToil_Siege.cs:305
  at Verse.AI.Group.Lord.LordTick () [0x00018] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Group\Lord.cs:327
  at Verse.AI.Group.LordManager.LordManagerTick () [0x00015] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Group\LordManager.cs:41
  at Verse.Map.MapPostTick () [0x000e6] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Map\Map.cs:581
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
Verse.Map:MapPostTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Map\Map.cs:582)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:358)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:267)
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Game.cs:512)
Verse.Root_Play:Update() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Play.cs:99)

I read over this a couple times and cant find the cultprit mod.  Could I get some help finding who to report this to?
The error itself  auto corrects after a bit and can be fixed by simply hitting unforbid everything when using allow tool

https://git.io/fN1gU  My output log

This was an issue in What the Hack, it's solved for a while now. If you're encountering problems and you don't know which mod is the cause, it's likely best to just post it in the bugs and issues thread on the Rimworld Discord. In case you don't use Discord, there's also this thread: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=23.0.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 5.0.2
Folks were getting triggered by the red color in the Mods menu, so I thought I'd fix that ;)
No other changes, other than a recompile against the latest build.

If you're wondering what happened to the promised Harmony update, I've got news.
Due to an oversight on my part, updating Harmony would break every mod that uses HugsLib. That is why I plan to skip the Harmony updates until the next major game update- when we have to fix our stuff anyway. There are not critical issues that we have found, so it's not a big issue.
But you are welcome to download and include an updated Harmony version in your own mod if you like- there are some neat features in the latest versions. The different versions are designed to run side by side, so no conflicts should pop up.
Do post your thoughts on the matter, I'd like to hear your opinions.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Brrainz

I am watching this thread so I am listening to your Harmony feedback too.

UnlimitedHugs

Steam workshop items have been updated:
Main item is now updated to B19, and there is a new page with the legacy version for B18.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 6.0.0

Hello gents.
This is the test release for Rimworld 1.0.
I updated the included Harmony library to 1.2.0.1- no changes other than that.
The preview will not be on Steam this time, since release is only a few days away.

Also, I plan to update HugsLib (and my other mods) on Steam in-place, despite what Tynan suggested in his blog post. This means that the B19 version will be uploaded to a separate workshop item, as usual.

spyderwebsc

6.0.0's about.xml has 0.19.0 as the target version and shows up red in the 1.0(unstable) mods menu.

I editted the target version to 1.0.0 and that took care of that.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: spyderwebsc on October 11, 2018, 12:27:44 PM
6.0.0's about.xml has 0.19.0 as the target version and shows up red in the 1.0(unstable) mods menu.
I editted the target version to 1.0.0 and that took care of that.

Updated to 6.0.1
Thank you, should fixed now.

xion1088

Now that you mention it can you make "Haul Urgently" work on food in prison cells? Like If a meal or raw food is set to "Haul Urgently" pawns will ignore the "Reserved for prisoners" thing.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: xion1088 on October 12, 2018, 12:39:02 PM
Now that you mention it can you make "Haul Urgently" work on food in prison cells? Like If a meal or raw food is set to "Haul Urgently" pawns will ignore the "Reserved for prisoners" thing.

I was about to poke at you for the off-topic, but then I noticed I have unread posts in the Allow Tool thread. I think the forum hasn't been sending me notifications.

xion1088

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on October 13, 2018, 04:25:48 AM
Quote from: xion1088 on October 12, 2018, 12:39:02 PM

I was about to poke at you for the off-topic, but then I noticed I have unread posts in the Allow Tool thread. I think the forum hasn't been sending me notifications.

Yeah sorry for that I just wanted to have a bit more of exposure, I'll explain what I mean in the Allow Tool topic.

SlabBulkhead

Has anyone made mention of HugsLib and compatible mods in 1.0 not showing their options? All mods which use hugslib to show mod options are blank for me, and the console throws an error a thousand times over.

Exception filling window for RimWorld.Dialog_VanillaModSettings: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Verse.NamedArgument' from assembly 'HugsLib'.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: SlabBulkhead on October 24, 2018, 12:58:45 AM
Has anyone made mention of HugsLib and compatible mods in 1.0 not showing their options? All mods which use hugslib to show mod options are blank for me, and the console throws an error a thousand times over.
Exception filling window for RimWorld.Dialog_VanillaModSettings: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Verse.NamedArgument' from assembly 'HugsLib'.

Must be some odd mod conflict. Open and close the mod settings window that is causing the errors, and publish a Ctrl+F12 log for me. Also, if it's a specific one, which mod's settings trigger this?