[1.5] HugsLib (11.0.3) Lightweight modding library

Started by UnlimitedHugs, December 15, 2016, 02:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 9.0.0

Hey folks!
With Rimworld 1.3 being just around the corner, here's the matching HugsLib update.
Notable changes:

• Log publisher should now work properly on Linux.
  • Publisher now has "logfile" command line argument support. E.g. "RimWorldWin64.exe logfile=c:/log.txt".
  • Mod Settings window now immediately updates when changing a SettingHandle value from code.
  • Log publisher network timeout extended to 90 seconds.
There are a few minor breaking changes, refer to this wiki page for a full list:
HugsLib 9.0 for Rimworld 1.3 API Changes
Take care, and as always, let me know if you find any issues.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

silentfox12312

Hello there I had a well an issue with the mod i try disable some mods and try fix the load order but it did not help the game still well not respond when it hits this file "RecipeDef_MultiStage" and then it well crash if u or anyone can help me with this issue it well be apprised  :)

Varsia

I've noticed since the latest Rimworld update that the 'extract tree' option seems to produce an unselectable object and I think that it is because of this.

jolimoliver

Hey, man.

I'm having an issue, whereby, I'm unable to right-click on anything. It just throws an error, and the action menu never appears. I've loaded Visual Exceptions to determine which mod is giving me grief, and it indicates that HugsLib is the one throwing an error (check the logs at the bottom). Here is a link to the error log. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/8daf3ae6f36d322c414e3b0f8c8e69e0

Canute

jolimoliver,
and you think that problem is based on hugslib ? I don't think so.
Read the 2. link from my signature and start to clean up your modlist and forget your savegame.

jolimoliver

That's strange, considering that it's your mod throwing the error. I've not updated anything other than Hugslib, therefore, the issue is related to a change that you would've made. I'll just refer back to a local copy. Thanks for your help.

P.S. I've been modding for years with Rimworld and many other games. It's not my modlist, buddy ;)

Canute

It isn't my mod, i am just a trouble solver at the forum.
Hugslib don't do anything to the game, it is just a libary for other modders, you should know that when you are modding.
There comes 2 possible scenarios in mind that could happen
- old version files inside the mods folder, just complete delete the hugslib folder and install it again.
- not sure what updates are made, but maybe other mod's that need hugslib got trouble with the updates.

But when i look closer to the error there is "FloatMenuMakerMap.AddHumanlikeOrders" these you can find at the patches too. And you will see some mod's are patches these like deep storage,Prison laber, heavy weapon..
Maybe you should look at these things first.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 9.0.1

Minor fix for the quickstarter- the currently loaded game is now properly cleared before loading a new one. This should help avoid issues during mod development.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

semogy

Quote from: jolimoliver on August 25, 2021, 05:52:38 AM
That's strange, considering that it's your mod throwing the error. I've not updated anything other than Hugslib, therefore, the issue is related to a change that you would've made. I'll just refer back to a local copy. Thanks for your help.

P.S. I've been modding for years with Rimworld and many other games. It's not my modlist, buddy ;)

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 10.0.0

Hello folks. The update for RW 1.4 is live.

The most significant changes have been made to the mod settings window. It now displays one mod at a time, and is accessed through the vanilla Options -> Mod options window.
No changes in mods that implement HugsLib settings should be necessary.

Another addition is the support for publishing logs to your own GitHub account. This can be set up by pasting an access token into the input field when unchecking "Use recommended settings" in the Ctrl+F12 window. See the tooltip on the input field for details.

I also removed a few methods that have been annotated as obsolete for a few years now. Hopefully, everyone had time to update their usages.

NuGet update is pending due to login issues. I will try to publish the update there in the coming days.

I appreciate your patience, and as always, let me know if you find any issues.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 10.0.1

A minor fix for the quickstarter, to allow it to run without being configured first.

lassadar

Sometimes I encounter a bug where pressing the Restart hotkey opens up another instance of the game.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: lassadar on November 13, 2022, 01:30:10 PM
Sometimes I encounter a bug where pressing the Restart hotkey opens up another instance of the game.

I noticed that too, although not recently. HugsLib relies on vanilla restart code, so this issue is not something I can easily address from my end.

Multistream

Is it possible to access hugslib log when the ctrl+f12 or ctrl+alt+f12 is not working, or if game crashed?

Canute

Quote from: Multistream on January 14, 2023, 09:24:43 AM
Is it possible to access hugslib log when the ctrl+f12 or ctrl+alt+f12 is not working, or if game crashed?
When the game crash, the normal logfile is the best solution. Use the button at the option to access the logfile location.
To create a hugslib upload you even can use the green button at the error console, but to open the console you need to have developer mode enable, then the top left icon.