Thanks for the great work!
I love testing things and watching them break   :P
Sure I'll test it for you!
"Are you a Wizard^^ Belgrath?"
"maybe..."

Fluffy (l2032)

thanks a bunch! The quick restart is an absolute godsend when modding

Fluffy (l2032)

although, there seems to be something odd going on; restarting with the keybinding either doesn't close the current RW, or opens two sessions of RW. Whenever I restart, an extra RW opens up.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on October 29, 2017, 01:26:45 PM
although, there seems to be something odd going on; restarting with the keybinding either doesn't close the current RW, or opens two sessions of RW. Whenever I restart, an extra RW opens up.

Hm, seems to work fine on my end.
1) Does it also happen when restarting after a mod config change?
2) Did you have the same issue on the A17 build?
3) Are you running through steam, of standalone?
4) Are you running on Linux?
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Fluffy (l2032)

1) no
2) no
3) steam (but directly calling the exe)
4) no (win10 education, which afaik is basically enterprise)

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on October 30, 2017, 10:03:11 AM
1) no
2) no
3) steam (but directly calling the exe)
4) no (win10 education, which afaik is basically enterprise)

Well, I'm drawing a blank. Both make the same call, and that part has not changed during the update.
Since I'm on Win7, I can't duplicate that either.
I'll try something the next time I update, maybe it'll help.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 4.0.1
Minor maintenance release to optimize the revamped DistributedTickScheduler a bit.
Also includes an experimental fix for the restart hotkey issue.

As promised, I published a new page on the wiki about the new tick scheduling tools: Custom Tick Scheduling NEW

UnlimitedHugs

I have updated HugsLibChecker for A18, as well.
Looks like mod assemblies are no longer loaded in the main thread, which was causing the included Unity calls to raise an exception. I replaced them with a reflection-based approach, which should fix the issue.

Monzer

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Monzer on November 24, 2017, 06:55:07 PM
I'm on 0.18.1722 and getting an error .

Press Ctrl+F12 after you see the error and post the link- I'll take a look.

Rock5

I got some questions about the update news feature.

1. To set it up I only need to extends ModBase and overrides the ModIdentifier, and add the UpdateFeatures.xml file? Nothing else?

2. When specifying the version for the news item do I use the current version or the version it's updating from? Example: say my first version is version 1 and my new version is version 2 and I want to add a news update about the changes, do I use version 2 to indicate the version at which it should display the news update or do I use version 1 to indicate the version you update from?

3. Is 4 part version numbers supported?

4. Does version update work only with steam or does it also work with manual downloads?

5. Is there a way to test the update news feature before uploading to steam?

Thank you in advance.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Rock5 on December 01, 2017, 02:00:02 AM
I got some questions about the update news feature.

1. Correct. You will also need to increment the version of your assembly or use the Version.xml file.
2. You would specify version 2 in the news item. When you will eventually update to version 3, and make a news item for that, a player who has not seen the v2 news yet will be shown both the v2 and the v3 news items.
3. Currently, only 3-part version numbers are supported.
4. Since the feature is not related to any Steam functionality, news will trigger on both Steam and standalone games.
5. You can inspect all news items using a button in the Mod Options dialog. To test it in action, you can modify or delete the HugsLib/LastSeenNews.xml file in your save folder.

Rock5

Thanks for the very clear and helpful answers. I'm still having problems getting it to work so it would be nice to find that LastSeenNews.xml file. I can't find it though.

Also, if my previous version has a 4 part version number will that mean I can't make the current version show the news update? Can I use the version.xml file to force it to show perhaps?

Edit: Never mind about LastSeenNews.xml. I found it in the user account AppData sub folder. My mod wasn't listed yet.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Rock5 on December 01, 2017, 03:22:42 AM
Also, if my previous version has a 4 part version number will that mean I can't make the current version show the news update? Can I use the version.xml file to force it to show perhaps?
Edit: Never mind about LastSeenNews.xml. I found it in the user account AppData sub folder. My mod wasn't listed yet.

The 4th part of the version number is simply not considered. I may change that in the future.
Are you specifying the same mod identifier in the Def, as you used in the mod assembly?
For extra reference, here's the news file used by Allow Tool.

Rock5

Ah, I see what I did wrong. I thought I had to change the HugsLib. references in the file to my mod name. Anyway, I've changed them back and it worked.

Thanks for your help.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport