[1.5] HugsLib (11.0.3) Lightweight modding library

Started by UnlimitedHugs, December 15, 2016, 02:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: FrodoOf9Fingers on February 21, 2018, 11:34:48 PM
Hey, can this be used with a different version of Harmony that is not bundled with HugsLib?

Sure thing. Just include your own version with your mod. The two should not conflict with each other in any way.
Did pardeike release a new update?
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

FrodoOf9Fingers

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on February 22, 2018, 12:51:44 AM
Quote from: FrodoOf9Fingers on February 21, 2018, 11:34:48 PM
Hey, can this be used with a different version of Harmony that is not bundled with HugsLib?

Sure thing. Just include your own version with your mod. The two should not conflict with each other in any way.
Did pardeike release a new update?

Nope, just need more functionality than is currently available.

I'm having some difficulty then. If I try to run a revised Harmony dll in my references and assemblies folder, I get an error along the lines of "classes could not be loaded". However, if I change out Hugslib's version of Harmony with my own, the error goes away. Trying to debug it is hard, as Rimworld isn't very descriptive.

UnlimitedHugs

[quote author=FrodoOf9Fingers link=topic=28066.msg399066#msg399066
Nope, just need more functionality than is currently available.
I'm having some difficulty then. If I try to run a revised Harmony dll in my references and assemblies folder, I get an error along the lines of "classes could not be loaded". However, if I change out Hugslib's version of Harmony with my own, the error goes away. Trying to debug it is hard, as Rimworld isn't very descriptive.
[/quote]

Did you change the assembly version of your custom build? You probably already know that assemblies with the same version are only loaded once.
Also, which assembly is failing to load, HugsLib, or your mod?
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

UnlimitedHugs

Hello gents.
As you may have noticed, the HugsLib log uploader has recently stopped working. This is due to GitHub (where the logs are posted) upgrading their https encryption, making Unity unable to communicate with them using its built-in web request capabilities.
The question is, where to go from here. Plain http is a no-go on GitHub. Switching to another provider might be an option, though pastebin is phasing out http, as well. It might be possible to include a library to perform the requests, though I have yet to find one for net3.5. The third option is setting up a server to bounce the upload requests off of, which would, however, add another moving part to the equation.

So, if you have any insight or ideas on the matter, or if you would be able to contribute a bit of server capacity, please let me know.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 4.1.0
Well, feel free to disregard my previous post :D
Turns out, Unity comes with its own web client, which seems to work just fine for our humble purposes. An thus:

• The log uploader has been fixed.
  • The log uploader will now shorten URLs using GitHub's own git.io service.
  • Added the DoLaterScheduler.
  • Added a "Load now" button to the quickstarter dialog for better workflow. "Load now" and "Generate now" will also switch the quickstarter on, unless Shift is held.
Also, HugsLib is now available on NuGet... if you're into that sort of thing: HugsLib, HugsLibChecker

Canute

Puhhhh thanks,
these share log ability is realy usefull for us non-modder to share error logs with the author. I wouldn't miss it.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 4.1.1

Minor fix to allow the DoLaterScheduler callbacks to be re-registered when they are called. This allows to set up temporary event listeners.

Harry_Dicks

Thanks Mister Hugs!

Also, what is NuGet? I skimmed over it for a moment - is it a distribution platform similar to GitHub?

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 02, 2018, 10:13:13 AM
Thanks Mister Hugs!
Also, what is NuGet? I skimmed over it for a moment - is it a distribution platform similar to GitHub?

It's a package manager, mostly used by Visual Studio, where we do our coding. When your code depends on some other library, it offers a convenient way to download and keep track of it.

Canute

At last my favoured download tool (jdownloader) don't like Nuget, all the releases are shown as offline.
But i still can use github. :-)

Harry_Dicks

With the new version of HugsLib, if I ever launch a quickstart game, it ends up enabling quickstart as the startup option. And I keep forgetting that it keeps turning it on, which is frustrating, because I'm doing a bunch of little test games messing around with stuff, and half the time when I launch the game it will quickstart for me when I might not want it to.

Am I not doing this right? With the new version, the button has changed location to "launch" a quickstart game in the quickstart menu. However, I'm not trying to have the mod always start my game into this, I just want to do it this specific time. Is this feature not meant to be used in such a way? Or is there a way I can disable the mod from continuously enabling the "quickstart from launch" option when I just want an individual quickstart?

Thanks! :)

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 06, 2018, 03:56:18 PM
With the new version of HugsLib, if I ever launch a quickstart game, it ends up enabling quickstart as the startup option.

Yep, two options here: you can shift-click the quickstart icon, or shift-click the "Generate now" and "Load now" buttons. Either way, it will generate or load your map without activating it on startup.

orgre45

I've been using your mod for a long time now. I just made an account to say I appreciate your work.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: orgre45 on June 08, 2018, 04:07:24 AM
I've been using your mod for a long time now. I just made an account to say I appreciate your work.

I appreciate the kind words :)

Mehni

I have a request: Move the mod settings for each individual mod behind a button, vanilla style. Some of the mods implementing HugsLib settings take up three scroll windows, and I don't think that's particularly user-friendly.

Suggestion: Implement the same Show settings button vanilla has, but instead of taking people to a new page, make it fold out the settings below. Hit the button again to Hide settings. So the button label would be Show settings when collapsed, and Hide settings when unfolded. This keeps things neat and tidy.

Quick mock-up: