[1.5] HugsLib (11.0.3) Lightweight modding library

Started by UnlimitedHugs, December 15, 2016, 02:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Mehni on June 10, 2018, 09:17:55 AM
I have a request: Move the mod settings for each individual mod behind a button, vanilla style. Some of the mods implementing HugsLib settings take up three scroll windows, and I don't think that's particularly user-friendly.

That's a good idea. I'll include it in the upcoming update.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Roolo

Any ETA on when a Hugslib version is released that supports Rimworld 1.0 experimental?
I really don't want to rush you, but it's just useful for me to know more or less when I can start updating Giddy-up and RunAndGun.

By the way, I love your work :) Really useful for me as a modder.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Roolo on June 19, 2018, 10:35:09 AM
Any ETA on when a Hugslib version is released that supports Rimworld 1.0 experimental?
I really don't want to rush you, but it's just useful for me to know more or less when I can start updating Giddy-up and RunAndGun.
By the way, I love your work :) Really useful for me as a modder.

Mostly done, I'll probably release tomorrow.
Thank you, I'm happy to help where I can :)
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Brrainz

Can we try to get Harmony 1.1.1 into HugsLib when I release it on Monday next week?

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Brrainz on June 20, 2018, 03:05:09 AM
Can we try to get Harmony 1.1.1 into HugsLib when I release it on Monday next week?

Of course. I'll push an update once your new build is out.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 5.0.0

There you go folks, the 1.0 update is here :) Here's a summary of the changes:

• Collapsible mod settings: settings for HugsLib mods now start collapsed for better visibility. This should help organize settings when working with a lot of mods. Also, the mod settings window will now remember scroll position and expanded mods for ease of tweaking.
  • Semantic version numbers no longer enforced: mods that add update news items can now use two and four-part version numbers, and these will be correctly recognized.
  • Copy log shortcut: use Ctrl+Alt+F12 to copy the full log to the clipboard instead of publishing it to GitHub.
  • Patch compatibility fixes: HugsLib harmony patches have been tweaked to be more compatible. This will allow other patches on methods patched by HugsLib.
  • Fixed visibility of the HugsLibController.OnTick method.
  • Harmony updated to 1.1.0

As last time, I published a temporary workshop item with this version. Once 1.0 goes live, the main HugsLib item will be updated, as well.
As always, let me know if you find issues or have suggestions. 1.0 is still being updated, so issues can still come up.
Happy modding! ;)

Important: make sure to also grab the updated HugsLib checker if you use it.

Roolo

Kiame

Added support for Version.xml in ModSync RW. Anyone that uses that can now be informed of when this mod is updated via changes to the Version (by comparing their local file's version number to the github's file's version number)

Brrainz

While testing all my mod updates for rw1.0, I tried this to speed up test-launching. It doesn't work. RimWorld stays at Initializing forever when it gets combined with any of my new versions. :-/

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Brrainz on July 22, 2018, 10:28:43 AM
While testing all my mod updates for rw1.0, I tried this to speed up test-launching. It doesn't work. RimWorld stays at Initializing forever when it gets combined with any of my new versions. :-/

I'll see you on Discord- I'm sure we'll work it out.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 5.0.1

This release updates the included Harmony library to 1.1.1b. The update should be fully backwards-compatible, so no changes in your mods should be necessary. I still recommend checking over your projects to be sure, though.
I also included a ModSync config file to allow for update checking from within the game.

Edit: False alarm. Harmony still needs some last-minute fixes. I'll make a new update in the next few days.

Brrainz

Oops. Small bug in Harmony that makes this Update bogus. Sorry for that. It will be fixed on Monday.

Kiame

rawrfisher

@unlimitedhugs  If you have a spare moment can you look into an error?  I have no idea what to tell the mod author lol

[HugsLib][ERR] WhatTheHack caused an exception during OnPlayingStateEntered: System.MissingFieldException: Field 'Verse.RecipeDef.requireBed' not found.
  at HugsLib.HugsLibController.OnPlayingStateEntered () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:ReportException(Exception, String, Boolean, String)
HugsLib.HugsLibController:OnPlayingStateEntered()
HugsLib.Patches.Game_FinalizeInit_Patch:WorldLoadedHook()
Verse.Game:FinalizeInit_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Game:InitNewGame_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__1() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Play.cs:60)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:455)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:367)
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: rawrfisher on July 30, 2018, 11:46:42 AM
@unlimitedhugs  If you have a spare moment can you look into an error?  I have no idea what to tell the mod author lol

A game update broke one of your mods. The mod is What The Hack, the author should check their WorldLoaded function.
The bright side is that these update bugs are super easy to diagnose :)