[1.5] HugsLib (11.0.3) Lightweight modding library

Started by UnlimitedHugs, December 15, 2016, 02:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: falconne on February 28, 2020, 04:08:26 PM
Only some people get it, others are reporting it's working fine. My first instinct was conflicting versions of Harmony.
Your instinct is right!

Here is the situation: with the new .NET version we are using in Rimworld 1.1, assembly versions are no longer considered as a criteria to differentiate between them. This means that in previous versions multiple versions of Harmony could coexist, but now only the first one to be loaded is used.

The recommendation is to use Harmony 2.0.0.7 for the duration of Rimworld 1.1.
As before, shipping the Harmony assembly with your mod is only necessary if you don't have a dependency on HugsLib.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

falconne

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on February 28, 2020, 04:28:00 PM
The recommendation is to use Harmony 2.0.0.7 for the duration of Rimworld 1.1.
As before, shipping the Harmony assembly with your mod is only necessary if you don't have a dependency on HugsLib.

Thanks, I'll update the Harmony version I build against. Should I also build against the latest 7.x version of HugsLib? I noticed the versions have gone back and forth a bit.

And yes, I don't ship and bundled version of Harmony or HugsLib. I guess this issue is caused by mods that did and now some people have multiple versions?

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: falconne on February 28, 2020, 06:17:06 PM
Should I also build against the latest 7.x version of HugsLib? I noticed the versions have gone back and forth a bit.

Yes, HugsLib 7.0.1+ is here to stay. The reverting on Steam was just me scrambling to identify the cause of the conflicts :D
Now that we know what the issue was, so no more reverts.

Quote from: falconne on February 28, 2020, 06:17:06 PM
And yes, I don't ship and bundled version of Harmony or HugsLib. I guess this issue is caused by mods that did and now some people have multiple versions?

Essentially, yes. 2.0.0.7 might have made breaking changes to its API, and once it became the first (and only one) to be loaded, the mods built against 2.0.0.6 were in conflict. Or, the other way around- mods built against 2.0.0.7 were in conflict as their calls were routed to the 2.0.0.6 version (which seems more likely).
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

IHateRegistering

Something broke my entire 1.0 modlist. Was it the harmony/hugslib thingy that's going on? If so, why? The updates should only affect 1.1 or am I understanding something wrong?

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 7.0.2

Minor update to fix an issue that was preventing setting handles from saving when reset to their default values.

Quote from: IHateRegistering on February 29, 2020, 07:03:37 AM
Something broke my entire 1.0 modlist. Was it the harmony/hugslib thingy that's going on? If so, why? The updates should only affect 1.1 or am I understanding something wrong?

Seems unlikely the 1.1 releases would affect 1.0, unless one of the mods mixed up their assemblies when releasing an update. Post a Ctrl+F12 log- maybe I can tell you more.

falconne

I'm not sure if this is related to HugsLib, but after updating from 6.x, in the Mod Settings dialog, some of my mods randomly show up as "Unnamed Mod". I can force the correct name by adding a Settings.EntryName = "My Mod Name" line into DefsLoaded() but I didn't need to do that before, it always read the Mod name correctly. Could this be related to changes to the Settings handling in the update notes?

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 7.1.0

Important compatibility update.
Unfortunately, the Harmony compatibility issues proved too great to manage. So, the Harmony library is no longer distributed with HugsLib and must be downloaded by the players as a separate mod.
If your mod is dependent on HugsLib, no changes should be necessary, as HugsLib takes care of the dependency tags.
I have added the link to download the mod version of Harmony to the main post.

Quote from: falconne on February 29, 2020, 11:35:02 PM
I'm not sure if this is related to HugsLib, but after updating from 6.x, in the Mod Settings dialog, some of my mods randomly show up as "Unnamed Mod"
Thank you for the report.
Turned out to be an issue on my side, now fixed. No special changes necessary.

ImAllen

Forgive my Noobness its been a year or so. How do I get the Harmony mod to work. Im sure I could remember if I tinkered with it for awhile, but I thought I should ask just in case.

Canute

UnlimitedHugs,
could you please use the link babgozd posted instead of
https://github.com/pardeike/Harmony
because at that github project is no useable mod for noob player.
And please adjust How to install, that it reflect to install and activate Harmony before hugslib.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Canute on March 02, 2020, 08:20:10 AM
could you please use the link babgozd posted
And please adjust How to install, that it reflect to install and activate Harmony before hugslib.

Thanks, got the wrong link. Fixed now.

Quote from: ImAllen on March 02, 2020, 05:44:32 AM
Forgive my Noobness its been a year or so. How do I get the Harmony mod to work. Im sure I could remember if I tinkered with it for awhile, but I thought I should ask just in case.

If you are still wondering, please check the updated "How to install" steps in the main post.

ImAllen

Thanks that got it working. I was trying to put the files in the Hugs mod., Derp.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 7.1.1

Minor update to address some issues related to the changed mod update news system.

• News items can now be translated once again- the syntax has not changed- they count as a regular Def for the purposes of translation.
  • Abstract UpdateFeatureDefs now only need a unique name within their mod, not globally.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing the news window to open multiple times when UpdateFeatureDefs were not declared in order of ascending assemblyVersion.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 7.1.2

This update fixes an issue that was causing the log publisher to ignore the LoadFolders configuration when reporting the assembly file version for loaded assemblies (av, fv).
As a result, the assembly version was being reported correctly, while the assembly file version was read from the same assembly for the 1.0 version of the game.
Also, assembly file version and assembly version will now be logged separately unless they are the same version. Before, assembly file version would only be logged if it was the higher one.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 7.1.3

Minor fix for a log publisher issue introduced in the previous update.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 7.1.4

Minor fix for an issue related to translating UpdateFeatureDefs.