[MODPACK] The BIG Bang any day now

Started by jamieg, April 03, 2014, 11:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Architect

Quote from: jamieg on April 10, 2014, 04:40:21 PM
Quote from: Architect on April 10, 2014, 04:37:49 PM
Frankly I'm surprised BetterPower+ isn't one of them at the moment... It's such a mess right now you wouldn't believe, I've got files across all three of my screens and about three windows on each screen too. Really hope to have it more presentable and fully operational by midnight.

SERIOUSLY?? like i said i removed the litwalls and now it works fine, i just feel sorry for the 1st 4 downnloaders that got the version with lit walls  :-\

It runs, some of the features aren't quite working properly though, which is why I'm working to fix it all up now. What I sent you was the version with all the crashing issues simply removed, not fixed.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

jamieg

sweet, well i believe alot of people are experiencing issue with mod compatibility atm but everyone seems to be working hard to get them fixed. this pack will be 100% soon (with a full version of betterpower+) im hoping, really depends how fast the mod issues get fixed ;), but tbh i have a really cool colony now using this pack with conveyor belts carrying all my crops and meat into the kitchen and im making a fortune from selling crates off human bodies to cannibal trades ha, BUT i can confirm that me and 2 friends have put many hours into playing this pack and ignoring the error messages seems to work for us :D like i said though im trying to get the error messages sorted ASAP.
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

jamieg

Quote from: Nixonisback on April 10, 2014, 05:35:15 PM
I have a problem with the mods. for the wood economy. i tell my people to cut trees but it gives me no wood!

Can you send me your save so i can see please :) i am not experiencing these issue, i think that only the large trees yield wood im not sure but im definetely able to gather wood.
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

Evul

A update for PA is coming really soooooon.

jamieg

Quote from: Evul on April 10, 2014, 06:50:13 PM
A update for PA is coming really soooooon.

Ill keep my eye out for it

Architect

BetterPower+ and BetterPowerHard are now live with everything back to full operational standards. Now I can get back to working on new stuff rather than stopping the old stuff from going pretty colours XD
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

DDRMANIAC007

A massive list of errors comes up upon startup on the top left and I can't close it no matter what I do.

mrofa

Press ~ on your keyboard to toggle it, since sometimes X on window dont work
All i do is clutter all around.

jamieg

Quote from: ItchyFlea on April 11, 2014, 12:26:10 AM
Quote from: Nixonisback on April 10, 2014, 05:35:15 PM
I have a problem with the mods. for the wood economy. i tell my people to cut trees but it gives me no wood!
Once the trees reach ~80% growth, they will drop wood. It's best to wait for them to be at 100% though, so you get the full amount of wood possible. Selecting the tree will show you it's current stage of growth down by the Architect Menu. Example: http://i.imgur.com/HwXxqNS.png

An unofficial test version of Wood Economy is being used in this pack. It has known issues and should not have been included in this pack.
Please download the official release version of Wood Economy here: [MOD] (Alpha 3) Wood Economy (v.0.94) and replace the one from this pack with that one. Also download the BetterPower+ Compatibility Mini-mod and follow the directions for installing that.

This pack is also using the old version of Animal Rugs which is incompatible with Alpha 3. Please download the updated version here: [MOD] (Alpha 3) Animal Rugs v1.0 and replace the one from this pack with that one.

Will do today, but i had to use what i could to get a playable version out before A3 the reason i did not use the up to date version is because they have only just been released.

Haplo

Maybe you could integrate some kind of changelog?
So that we can see, if a new version is up and what was changed?

jamieg

just updated :D adding changlog as you wrote this be up in a min

Well ive put what ive updated :D nearly all the error messages destroyed :p

rsdworker

EDIT: its solved now - i did clean install and worked

Kirid

If you want, you have my permission to use the medical beds mod. It shouldn't have any conflicts or bugs.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

City Builder

Has anybody had any issues with loading a saved game that is using this mod pack?

I've not used mods in Rimworld before so this is my first time doing so.  I only installed this mod pack.  When I go to load the saved game the debug window pops up (after loading the game) and literally starts to stream red error messages one right after the other without stopping for as long as I have the game open.

The other problem that I experienced is that the menu system (architect) is missing unless I press the ESC key when it shows back up but is unusuable.

The strange thing is that I was able to play the game just fine with this mod pack installed when I first started my game and I played for about 3 or 4 hours.  Then saved the game and tried to load it up about 6 hours later when now all it does is give me problems.

As said, I'm not using any other mods only this mod pack with the exception of the two mods that jamieg listed above a couple post.

Anybody else have any issues with their game using this mod pack after playing it for 3 or more hours and then trying to load up the save of that same game?

laston

Quote from: City Builder on April 11, 2014, 07:53:24 PM
Has anybody had any issues with loading a saved game that is using this mod pack?

I've not used mods in Rimworld before so this is my first time doing so.  I only installed this mod pack.  When I go to load the saved game the debug window pops up (after loading the game) and literally starts to stream red error messages one right after the other without stopping for as long as I have the game open.

The other problem that I experienced is that the menu system (architect) is missing unless I press the ESC key when it shows back up but is unusuable.

The strange thing is that I was able to play the game just fine with this mod pack installed when I first started my game and I played for about 3 or 4 hours.  Then saved the game and tried to load it up about 6 hours later when now all it does is give me problems.

As said, I'm not using any other mods only this mod pack with the exception of the two mods that jamieg listed above a couple post.

Anybody else have any issues with their game using this mod pack after playing it for 3 or more hours and then trying to load up the save of that same game?

Did you download Alpha3b version?
It was a silent update.  If you don't have it, download it again and you should have it. I was having the same problem and Tyn solved it.