Started by jamieg, April 03, 2014, 11:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrofa

Damn last time i did try it out i did spawn coal :P
All i do is clutter all around.

murlocdummy

Quote from: Architect on May 25, 2014, 07:55:34 AM
Quote from: ItchyFlea on May 25, 2014, 04:14:43 AM

IIRC They take about 12 in-game days. When they are finished they will dismantle themselves leaving behind a fresh steam geyser.

14 exactly :P

The number is actually totally random.  It's no less than 10 days, and the most it's ever taken for one of mine is 89 days.  I suspect that it can potentially take more.  If you're lucky, it'll take less than 20 days, but there's no guarantee.

I changed the Steam Geyser's category to Building, which solved both the too many Steam Geysers problem and the Laser Drill being useless at the same time.  I can now construct or blow up Steam Geysers at will.

Coenmcj

Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Architect

Quote from: murlocdummy on May 25, 2014, 06:25:51 PM
Quote from: Architect on May 25, 2014, 07:55:34 AM
Quote from: ItchyFlea on May 25, 2014, 04:14:43 AM

IIRC They take about 12 in-game days. When they are finished they will dismantle themselves leaving behind a fresh steam geyser.

14 exactly :P

The number is actually totally random.  It's no less than 10 days, and the most it's ever taken for one of mine is 89 days.  I suspect that it can potentially take more.  If you're lucky, it'll take less than 20 days, but there's no guarantee.

I changed the Steam Geyser's category to Building, which solved both the too many Steam Geysers problem and the Laser Drill being useless at the same time.  I can now construct or blow up Steam Geysers at will.

uh, i hate to rain on your parade, but im the maker of the mod. I can categorically promise you it is 14 days assuming your version hasn't been tampered with.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

murlocdummy

Quote from: Architect on May 26, 2014, 08:42:55 AM

uh, i hate to rain on your parade, but im the maker of the mod. I can categorically promise you it is 14 days assuming your version hasn't been tampered with.

It takes 14 consecutive days, assuming that you always keep it powered on for all 14 days in a row without a single power outage.  If a Solar Flare event happens, then the count starts over.  It can take a practically indefinite amount of time due to the requirement that the building be powered non-stop.

What you programmed the mod to do and what it does are two completely different things.

Architect

Quote from: murlocdummy on May 27, 2014, 04:30:03 AM
Quote from: Architect on May 26, 2014, 08:42:55 AM

It takes 14 consecutive days, assuming that you always keep it powered on for all 14 days in a row without a single power outage.  If a Solar Flare event happens, then the count starts over.  It can take a practically indefinite amount of time due to the requirement that the building be powered non-stop.

What you programmed the mod to do and what it does are two completely different things.

What I programmed it to do and what it does are exactly the same thing, the difference being whether what it does is what I expected it to do. I'll note the fact it restarts upon a solar flare as a bug then, however I cannot guarantee that the fix will come any time soon as development is currently at a null pace.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

murlocdummy

Quote from: Architect on May 27, 2014, 08:48:58 AM

What I programmed it to do and what it does are exactly the same thing, the difference being whether what it does is what I expected it to do. I'll note the fact it restarts upon a solar flare as a bug then, however I cannot guarantee that the fix will come any time soon as development is currently at a null pace.

It's too bad that something like that tends to be somewhat complex to do.  Setting up a construction-like system that saves the point at which a timer stops is a pain to set up and get working correctly.  The only real remedy is to decrease the timer amount, even if it doesn't fix the underlying issue.

Architect

Quote from: murlocdummy on May 27, 2014, 09:27:07 PM
Quote from: Architect on May 27, 2014, 08:48:58 AM

It's too bad that something like that tends to be somewhat complex to do.  Setting up a construction-like system that saves the point at which a timer stops is a pain to set up and get working correctly.  The only real remedy is to decrease the timer amount, even if it doesn't fix the underlying issue.

Nah not at all, I have it so it is simply an integer that gets ticked down one every TickRare. I'll just use Tynan's saving system to save the integer and load it again when need be. It's not actually a hard one to fix at all, I just don't have the time to do it right now what with my exams, my own game, my jobs, and my social life XD

JorDash

MrSamsa

Does this mod add any way to dispose of dead raiders? It gets tedious dealing with corpses.

Cala13er

Quote from: MrSamsa on June 01, 2014, 02:12:07 PM
Does this mod add any way to dispose of dead raiders? It gets tedious dealing with corpses.

Have a look at both of these !

Cremation Inc

Cremation Chamber

jaredis1

Also look at my sig (Riley's All In One Crafting Mod), you can make power from the dead corpses!

a89a89

Quote from: jaredis1 on June 01, 2014, 03:30:07 PM

Also look at my sig (Riley's All In One Crafting Mod), you can make power from the dead corpses!