[MODPACK] The BIG Bang any day now

Started by jamieg, April 03, 2014, 11:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manly

Please don't make this into a kerfluffle.  Crimson just offered to put together a modpack that would help the community and I am very grateful for any time he would put into doing so.  Just as I am grateful for the time all modders put into trying to make this fun game even more fun.

Rather than find something to nitpick at, perhaps it would be nicer (and easier) to let perceived slights slide and assume that he didn't mean any offense to anyone.

Cala13er

Quote from: Manly on June 11, 2014, 01:35:17 PM
Please don't make this into a kerfluffle.  Crimson just offered to put together a modpack that would help the community and I am very grateful for any time he would put into doing so.  Just as I am grateful for the time all modders put into trying to make this fun game even more fun.

Rather than find something to nitpick at, perhaps it would be nicer (and easier) to let perceived slights slide and assume that he didn't mean any offense to anyone.

You get my point exactly.

Architect

Have I missed half a conversation here? Or have the comments been deleted?
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Coenmcj

Probably deleted by the looks, on topic.

From what I understand the majority of mods in Big bang are being updated in the next few days, so there is nothing that can be done until then.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

jamieg

Hello everyone long time since i've been around these parts, Id recommend someone making a new mod pack!! as someone recently said the BIG bang is dead.... Im going to be busy working on a game of my own over the net couple of months I love the way you build in Rimworld and Prison Architect and love the combat in rimworld, only thing is...THERES NO MULTIPLAYER!! So after alot of thought ive decided to make some sort of colony/rts sim MULTIPLAYER so I have no time what so ever to carry on with this..... This will probs be a Kickstarter project so if this is something that excites you make sure you keep an eye out for it over the next few months :) anyways guys TAKE CARE, all the best!
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

jamieg

Heard about me updating this modpack.....

YES! Its true! After dozens of angry Rimworld fans have emailed me expressing their concerns over the fact my mod pack went dead and seeing loads of comments all over the forum with people moaning that other mod packs were not the BIG BANG I have decided to get back in the game....

FOR MORE INFO CHECK OUT THE SHORT VIDEO IVE JUST PUT UP AT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

Ill also be putting regular videos up so you guys know whats going on remember to leave me some comments too!!
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

Architect

Looking forward to its return dude, however you'll have to find a substitute for BetterPower+, I'm leaving it to quietly die now.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

jamieg

Quote from: Architect on September 18, 2014, 02:41:15 PM
Looking forward to its return dude, however you'll have to find a substitute for BetterPower+, I'm leaving it to quietly die now.

why would you do that??

Architect

Quote from: jamieg on September 18, 2014, 04:44:56 PM
Quote from: Architect on September 18, 2014, 02:41:15 PM

why would you do that??

I hate modding for this game. I spend so much of my time trying to make the XML stuff work, and the constraints of having to mod things rather than just building them from scratch infuriates me. Also, I lost all of the source code for BP+, and frankly now I can make a far better mod if I wanted to. Who knows, maybe some time in the future I will, however for now there are other mods coming to take different components of BP+ over, and they will likely do a far better job of it.

But essentially I just really hate XML :P

Haplo

Quote from: Architect on September 18, 2014, 06:26:31 PM
But essentially I just really hate XML :P

Solution: Make everything in C# (or die trying; like me) ;D

Hmm, if you let it die.. Is it ok, if I take (parts of?) your windturbine code and integrate it maybe in the .dll example?
It would be a really nice companion alongside the dark matter generator :)
I'm not 100% sure yet, but maybe it would be a nice addition to it.

Zeta Omega

Jaxxa

Thanks Architect for all your work.

Can you please specify your licensing for if we want to use parts of BetterPower+. For example do we have to ask you specifically for each part or can you give blanket permission to use it with credit?